Tigerdroppings.com

Judoka

Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but it's an interesting read.

Link

Rumors started a couple days ago that the Cam Newton story is the biggest story ever in college football. After reading up on this for a few minutes, I agree. Auburn will have the death penalty for sure. I was wondering how Chizik at Auburn turned in a top 5 class last year after going 9 and 5 or 8 and 5. Auburn is all in and trying to win with Cam since the ship is sinking and this is their last hope. This link says that an uncle in Michigan is tied to Auburn paying off Cameron. All of this caught on tape since the FBI was investigating other people in Alabama. What timing. It is all starting to make sense now.

Looks like this thing will drag out way past the end of this season before they know what really went down. Look how long USC was under investigation for before they were penalized. This will be another one of those instances.

My guess is Auburn is, to use a poker analogy, "all in" for Cam to play the rest of this season out. Perhaps their thinking is, enjoy it while it lasts. In other words, win now, repent later.

I don't think you can really parallel the timeline for USC violations coming to light. That was originally mainly investigated by Yahoo Sports using disgruntled and spurned agent types as sources years after the fact.

This is different since the feds are involved. Sure the court battles will probably drag on for the federal cases they will be bringing towards people caught up in this, but the NCAA doesn't need a jury trial or conviction. This just greatly increases the speed at which evidence is going to be gathered for them since there are actual big time penalties involved for anyone that lies to the FBI... Of course the NCAA won't be ruling on anything without going through their own process, but I very much doubt that it'll be 5 years after the fact this time.

If this actually goes so far as them losing their accreditation any NCAA ruling would be moot, since as I understand it in order to be a member organization of the NCAA and SEC you have to be accredited. Their athletic programs would pretty much just cease to exist and absolutely nobody would be enrolling in a non-accredited university. Since the same people seem to be involved in everything shady auburn has done in the last 30 years which has resulted in probation from both their accreditation organization and the NCAA it's going to come down to just how pissed those organizations are that they have to keep coming back to this. IMO anyways.