How did you handle the loss to the refs?

theneguy95

Not really. I think he gets the mindset of a player pretty well. As fans we have the luxury of sitting here and complaining about the refs screwing us over. The players, won't be. Good players just make the best of any bad situation and realize there's the stuff they can control and the crap they can't. If the team goes into the week thinking the refs screwed them the past week, we are in trouble. I think Bo will get them moved on to the next game, and just focus on playing better. That's about all they can do, because refs or not, there are mistakes to be fixed from this game and they are the things the team should be focusing on.

I will credit TAMU for having a pretty good defense, better than I expected...and congratulations on the win, but I don't think you were the better team today. Still, it was a dogfight. It actually did not occur to me that we might lose until the start of the last drive.

Enjoyed your words Zoogies. I've read 3-4 threads and have not found much of anything of substance yet.

I had to go to bed after the first quarter for a 12:40 am wake up.

Looks like we couldn't overcome our QB issues and penalties. I thought they were swarming to the ball well and would make a game of it. 16 penalties by us is amazing. Explain that to me. We must be the new Miami U out there. Can't wait to see the whole game.

SheepdogMark

Enjoyed your words Zoogies. I've read 3-4 threads and have not found much of anything of substance yet.

I had to go to bed after the first quarter for a 12:40 am wake up.

Looks like we couldn't overcome our QB issues and penalties. I thought they were swarming to the ball well and would make a game of it. 16 penalties by us is amazing. Explain that to me. We must be the new Miami U out there. Can't wait to see the whole game.

SheepdogMark

It was a fix.

I think it's been about 10 years since there's been a good enough reason for me to "unrationally" punch holes in any walls, but I just couldn't hold it back this time... Nebraska has been getting screwed by crooked refs and bogus calls all season, but this was sooooooo blatantly obvious. How can the conference get away with it? I just don't get how the NCAA has come down on schools, players, coaches, etc so why not on conferences? Can't wait to get to the Big 10; if not for anything else other than something more honest and just. Don't get on me about, "man why did you punch holes in your wall?" or anything like that... it's not a question of stupidity or lack of control, but curious if anyone else had as much trouble handling this as me?

loss to the refs? really?? you guys really are into the crop circles aren't you??

it had nothing to do with the team you played??

It ABSOLUTELY had to do with the team we played. If Nebraska plays better offensively and doesn't turn the ball over, the refs would be hard pressed to swing the game, no matter what conspiracies are being entertained. A&M has a good defense, and the Huskers STILL haven't played well offensively against a good defense. A&M fans should enjoy the victory. Just stay off HuskerBoard for a while.

I think it's been about 10 years since there's been a good enough reason for me to "unrationally" punch holes in any walls, but I just couldn't hold it back this time... Nebraska has been getting screwed by crooked refs and bogus calls all season, but this was sooooooo blatantly obvious. How can the conference get away with it? I just don't get how the NCAA has come down on schools, players, coaches, etc so why not on conferences? Can't wait to get to the Big 10; if not for anything else other than something more honest and just. Don't get on me about, "man why did you punch holes in your wall?" or anything like that... it's not a question of stupidity or lack of control, but curious if anyone else had as much trouble handling this as me?

loss to the refs? really?? you guys really are into the crop circles aren't you??

it had nothing to do with the team you played??

The way you won the game had everything to do with the refs. Without that horrible late hit call, the game is going to OT, or Nebraska is winning it. Could you have won the game in OT? Sure, but we should have had a chance to play the game and not have the outcome be determined by the refs.

What happens in the last three minutes of a game isn't the only playing that matters. A&M put up over 300 yards of offense, and scored more points than us. The refs didn't do us any favors, but they didn't cost us the game. If you don't play well enough to keep the game out of the hands of the officials, you don't deserve a win. You don't necessarily deserve a loss either, but you certainly don't deserve a win.

:yeah

I am getting real scared reading some of these posts. I will constantly remind myself to not be too critical about some of your comments. So, in true confession form- I had to go relieve myself on my neighbors A&M garden gnome last night at about 2:00 A.M. My dog already craps in the lawn and but i won't be picking up after it for a little while- he will know my displeasure