Osborne support Bo

ESPY

Gee, I thought I had said that basically Nebraska A.D. T.O. had basically minimalized the situation and was moving on and that was a good thing. And that only people who continue to bring up Pelini's actions, the situation itself (SEE BIG WILLIE THREAD AND SUPPORT) could be non-existant by now except for those of you who keep bringing it up.

So once again, on to (i hope) CU and the Big-12 championship!

Tom and Harvey not saying anything, or even worse, coming out to the media defending Bo's actions in any way would have been a literal sh#tstorm folks. Cant crawl into a Husker football cocoon and pretend the rest of the world doesnt exist.

Well, on the flip side, Tom and Harvey bringing it up and calling Bo out as wrong could also be seen as the Athletic Dept distancing themselves from the HC. Sends a strong message "If Bo keeps this up, we could fire him - just saying right now in case anyone is wondering." But nobody is really wondering without them bringing that up anyway.

They could get behind the coach in public AND in private, which would be a big FU to to the Big 12, which I am starting to think is what we should be doing anyway. Of course maybe we are doing all of that in private and just spinning a separate public PR machine, don't know why it has to come at Bo's expense though.

Tom and Harvey not saying anything, or even worse, coming out to the media defending Bo's actions in any way would have been a literal sh#tstorm folks. Cant crawl into a Husker football cocoon and pretend the rest of the world doesnt exist.

Well, on the flip side, Tom and Harvey bringing it up and calling Bo out as wrong could also be seen as the Athletic Dept distancing themselves from the HC. Sends a strong message "If Bo keeps this up, we could fire him - just saying right now in case anyone is wondering." But nobody is really wondering without them bringing that up anyway.

They could get behind the coach in public AND in private, which would be a big FU to to the Big 12, which I am starting to think is what we should be doing anyway. Of course maybe we are doing all of that in private and just spinning a separate public PR machine, don't know why it has to come at Bo's expense though.

I think Perlman talking publicly before he met with Bo was either a warning to Bo, or a mistake by Perlman. And I don't think Perlman makes many mistakes, at least not like that. I think it was a message to Bo, but I wouldn't go too much past that. Bo is doing too much good with the football program for them to even consider firing him at this point. The only thing they're concerned about from the other night is perception. They want Bo to tone it down when millions of eyes are watching him, but other than that, I highly doubt they have any problems with the way he runs the program. Like he said on Tuesday, the players are representing themselves well in school, in the community, and on the football field. He's doing his job.

Also, I think the big "F U" to the Big 12 came when we accused Missouri of starting the realignment issue, accused Texas of hypocrisy, and then abruptly walked down the street to have a press conference with Jim Delany in front of Nebraska and Big 10 logos. While I'd like nothing more than to walk out of this stupid conference with a championship trophy, Nebraska will get the last laugh, no matter what. We're the ones leaving, and everyone else is stuck.