I'd say we all have our "Bad Fan" moments...

Recently, Nebraska fans has been under a lot of scrutiny. We have been called whiny fans. We have been given a hard time for getting upset about Niles Paul and his many let downs. We've been accused of having douchey fans. I think all fan bases have these moments:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5864003

I know our fans would be upset if Henry missed 2 game winning fg's in a single game. I'd hate to see what they would do to a below average kicker who missed two winning field goals.

Discuss?

I hope you're not saying Brotzman is a "below average kicker", he's the NCAA points leader I believe.

My poor fan moment came at the Colorado game in 08. There was a CU student standing in the row in front of me (in our student section) talking smack the whole game. When Henery made the 57 yarder there was a huge mosh coming from behind, and I knew I was going down, so I decided to take him with me...

In Coulmbia MS, when the turd ball was head coach I had seats directly behind Sam Keller's family/girlfriend. I did not know this and began screaming for Joe probably in the first quarter. This continued until we were losing by about 30, his girlfriend turns around and yells if I don't having anything nice I need to keep my &$^%$ mouth shut. I told her if her boyfriend could throw it to the right team, I wouldn't have to open open my &$^$# mouth. I still proceeded to yell for Joe Ganz the entire time right in there families ear. My bad fan moment.

In Coulmbia MS, when the turd ball was head coach I had seats directly behind Sam Keller's family/girlfriend. I did not know this and began screaming for Joe probably in the first quarter. This continued until we were losing by about 30, his girlfriend turns around and yells if I don't having anything nice I need to keep my &$^%$ mouth shut. I told her if her boyfriend could throw it to the right team, I wouldn't have to open open my &$^$# mouth. I still proceeded to yell for Joe Ganz the entire time right in there families ear. My bad fan moment.

Did you get her to sign your "Tempe 12" calendar after the game?

It seems like we get upset with Niles Paul and Cody Green because they consistently under perform. However, there wasn't a big uproar when Kunalic kicked it out of bounds last year, or when Asante pulled that horse collar tackle. Sure they received some negative recognition and maybe they would have received more if there wasn't the whole :01 thing, but I didn't hear any facebook horror stories.

It seems like we get upset with Niles Paul and Cody Green because they consistently under perform. However, there wasn't a big uproar when Kunalic kicked it out of bounds last year, or when Asante pulled that horse collar tackle. Sure they received some negative recognition and maybe they would have received more if there wasn't the whole :01 thing, but I didn't hear any facebook horror stories.

True dat, though Asante can't be faulted for the horsecollar. If he didn't make that grab, Shipley goes for at least another 10-15 yards anyway. The Kunalic one was tough.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Paul's problem was repeatedly complaining in the media about being under utilized, then dropping the ball when the coaches finally throw his way.

ive been as harsh as anyone on paul. but thats what you get when you call out to the media your lack of touches, and then fail to live up to your own grandiose proclamations. in a way, i consider that being a good fan, not standing for that type of sh#t.

my bad fan moment came after a game in manhattan. group of tailgating KSU fans (read:high school drop out types there solely to get hammered) heckling the group of girls i was with. so i politely extinguished their little charcoal grill as i walked past with my boot and exclaimed loudly what i thought of their manliness. i didnt even know where it came from, and surprisingly it just got quite as i turned around and we continued to walk along. they didnt say anything other than the standard wtf's. not bright looking back on it, but i was a hero for the evening. ;)

i think this was the same trip that when we got back to the truck, there was human excrement strategically placed on my lowered tailgate.