Why Cotton Bowl didn't consider Nebraska

huKSer

that might be true if the crowd hadnt been 3 to 1 Missouri to Arkansas......

nice try though.... :corndance

False. About 20,000 Mizzou fans were there in a stadium that fit 76,000 at the time.

not false....there was 3 times the amount of black and gold as there was arky red.

And i never claimed MU bought the place out, they just bought all their aloted tickets and thousands extra. Most of the bowl games are presold to season ticket holder for those pro staduims and the area before the game teams are even announced. Just like how this years cotton was sold out BEFORE the end of the college season so the only tickets that are left are team allotments.....but i am sure you will claim that it was all ATM fan that bought those tickets......

Reference Link

Athletic director Mike Alden dropped his administrative duties to stir the crowd for a moment, leading fans in the “M-I-Z Z-O-U” cheer.

“You guys are warming up your diaphragms,” Alden said.

Alden announced that more than 20,000 fans were representing the Tigers in Dallas. The game sold out in 24 hours.

76,000 fans - 20,000 mizzou fans - (I'm going from your 3-1 ratio) 6700 Arkansas fans = 49,000 empty seats.

78830729.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892155F29F61288AC1CA93EA393A04CFB81FDC6C15AA27F1F8BB2FE1D30D6DBAB674

You sure about that one? I don't see a 3-1 ratio (or majority ratio) or 49,000 empty seats. Just sayin'

i recalled the sold out staduim was 3 to 1 for MU. but then again i was very drunk. So that could be high... If i remember correctly however one whole end zone though that sideline and half of the next endzone was all MU. There was also alot of MU fans in the ARKY sections. MU bought 20,000 of the 25K or so tickets taht were for the two schools....arky returned tickets some tickets and mu bought the remaining amount......

I really dont get why you keep going to empty seats because MU only bought 20K tickets. do you think that ATM fans bought the 60K+ tickets that had already been sold to this years game......or do you just believe that of the remaining 25K or so will be the only fans at the game.... And by the way, since most bowls allot 10 to 15K of tickets for a school, buying 20K of those IS A LOT.

i recalled the sold out staduim was 3 to 1 for MU. but then again i was very drunk. So that could be high... If i remember correctly however one whole end zone though that sideline and half of the next endzone was all MU. There was also alot of MU fans in the ARKY sections. MU bought 20,000 of the 25K or so tickets taht were for the two schools....arky returned tickets some tickets and mu bought the remaining amount......

I really dont get why you keep going to empty seats because MU only bought 20K tickets. do you think that ATM fans bought the 60K+ tickets that had already been sold to this years game......or do you just believe that of the remaining 25K or so will be the only fans at the game.... And by the way, since most bowls allot 10 to 15K of tickets for a school, buying 20K of those IS A LOT.

All I'm pointing out based on the above picture (and you're probably right, the 20K was only from the allotment) there is no way there is a 3-1 ratio of MU-UA fans at the game.

I know A LOT of tickets have been bought by regular fans in addition to the presold tix and school alltoments of 12500 each. I expect it to be overwhelmingly maroon because we got a head start on the buying, as the SEC team hasn't been sold. I just think that discounting the Arkansas veracity for tickets and claiming it was all MU is a little silly.

Why was Arrowhead so empty last week then. MU playing there rival game in the state of Missouri and only drew 50,000 fans. And I bet out of the 50,000 there were

15,000 to 20,000 KU fans. That place should have been sold out period.