Will Martinez leave?

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All I have to say to the Cody Glenn thing is that every situation is handled differently. If Bo were really consistent a guy like Teafatiller or Christensen or Dixon, as BigWillie pointed out in the other thread, would have long been gone instead of stayed. And if he were really consistent he could have just said "OK, bye Taylor, we'll roll with Zac and Cody." back in August.

That's why I think Chatelain's article highlighting how carefully Bo needs to tread this situation - which most read as a no-holds-barred tearing down of Taylor, but was more insightful than that IMO - could turn out to be very prescient.

With stuff we have been hearing...well, there are crazy rumors out there I don't take too seriously, but I mean the other stuff we have been hearing on Taylor. They could be just opinions but there are a lot of negative ones out there from people closer to the program and in some cases, within. I get that he is a talented player and he has really made a fan out of me this season - but you have to weigh all of that against potential damage in the future to the team if the situation were to continue and blow up some day. If there is a situation, which it seems like there could be.

Yet in spite of all that, it's hard to say what will happen. Certainly it seems a lot of people (and I don't mean casual observers) feel it would be best for all if there was a parting of ways. But there's no reason to think that will happen, either, at least based on Bo's current history with this situation. I said earlier it seemed like it could be a mutual split, but after thinking about it some more it seems like Taylor will be given every opportunity to turn it around. I hope it's not in vain. My gut tells me Taylor stays, but I am really worried if that is a good thing or not.

the rumors were not just concocted out of thin air. there is something to them. that, plus his personality (prima donna, or "pre-madonna") makes me believe he is gone at the end of the season. we will see. i would be hurt because we were the only school to give him a chance at qb, but whatever.

I don't think so. If Bo knew he was leaving, I think he'd already be gone. See Cody Glenn.

cody green is still on the team, duh.

:lol:

Not Cody Glenn, but Quentin Castille. D'oh!

i just wanted to point out that cody green is still on the team.

the rumors were not just concocted out of thin air. there is something to them. that, plus his personality (prima donna, or "pre-madonna") makes me believe he is gone at the end of the season. we will see. i would be hurt because we were the only school to give him a chance at qb, but whatever.

I don't think so. If Bo knew he was leaving, I think he'd already be gone. See Cody Glenn.

Hmmmm ... so he is. Cody Glenn isn't, though.

Hmmmm ... so he is. Cody Glenn isn't, though.

anyway, it is just my gut feeling that t-mart will leave after the season.

1. He's not going anywhere, he'll be back next year and he'll likely be leading the team. Will he be the vocal cheer-leading teammate everyone here wants him to be all the time? No, not everyone... Nobody would be. Hell if it was 1995 there'd probably be 3 threads about Frazier being a jerk, In 1996 Scott Frost would be the worst QB ever to run the option, and In 1999/2000 Crouch would have been sent back to millard as a prima donna.

All I have to say to the Cody Glenn thing is that every situation is handled differently. If Bo were really consistent a guy like Teafatiller or Christensen or Dixon, as BigWillie pointed out in the other thread, would have long been gone instead of stayed. And if he were really consistent he could have just said "OK, bye Taylor, we'll roll with Zac and Cody." back in August.

2. This is just speculation. First of all we don't know what exactly went wrong with Glenn and Castille. We know that neither expressed hard feelings when they were asked to leave, or since. Rumors about what caused them to leave weren't alcohol offenses that were dealt with by a court. Basically all that shows is there are some things that Bo says if you violate these team rules, find somewhere else to go. There isn't a lot to compare those dismissals to. Players simply haven't been getting in trouble with the law like they were when Callahan was running the show. That's the only conclusion I think can be drawn in regards to consistency.

In any case, I'm sure all those guys have moved on. Probably time we do too.

People are bringing up the Glenn and Q things as saying "those guys got dismissed, if this stuff about Taylor is true Bo would have him gone right now just like them." Now THAT is speculation, which I am playing devil's advocate against. I am saying every situation is different, and you can't point to those and say "Now we know Taylor stories are not true, since Bo clearly would have shipped him off." There's no telling how differently Bo might handle this situation compared to theirs especially when we know little about either. And in fact the only cue we have is Taylor trying to quit the team in August (you can argue that nobody KNOWS that, but I think that's a bit beyond rumor at this point), and Bo keeping him here.

Players simply haven't been getting in trouble with the law like they were when Callahan was running the show.

Er, Callahan had a 'losing games' problem. He did not have a 'player discipline' problem in terms of bad characters. There were a few guys like that around, but this statement is very inaccurate and completely unfair IMO.

That's why I think Chatelain's article highlighting how carefully Bo needs to tread this situation - which most read as a no-holds-barred tearing down of Taylor, but was more insightful than that IMO - could turn out to be very prescient.

With stuff we have been hearing...well, there are crazy rumors out there I don't take too seriously, but I mean the other stuff we have been hearing on Taylor. They could be just opinions but there are a lot of negative ones out there from people closer to the program and in some cases, within. I get that he is a talented player and he has really made a fan out of me this season - but you have to weigh all of that against potential damage in the future to the team if the situation were to continue and blow up some day. If there is a situation, which it seems like there could be.

Yet in spite of all that, it's hard to say what will happen. Certainly it seems a lot of people (and I don't mean casual observers) feel it would be best for all if there was a parting of ways. But there's no reason to think that will happen, either, at least based on Bo's current history with this situation. I said earlier it seemed like it could be a mutual split, but after thinking about it some more it seems like Taylor will be given every opportunity to turn it around. I hope it's not in vain. My gut tells me Taylor stays, but I am really worried if that is a good thing or not.

if Taylor stays, you can bet it will be under Bo's terms!

One thing that gets under my skin, Tmart wore 3 different jerseys in Highschool! Then I hear Dillard, and my brian tells me he just might be a pompass @$$ still being bottle feed from his Daddy! Bo will have nothing to do with that sh#t! Either he will be a team player or he'll leave or will be asked to leave! If he stays he could be great and Bo will have grounded him and his dad! So Tmart if you read this and if I'm right, Suck it up brother and be a team player! I'm betting that if he pulls the pompous @$$ card one more time, he is gone! Or will not be allowed to play! Man, I hope I'm wrong about it but it just doesn't feel right! :snacks: