Loss of a legend

RazzinGTO

Well guys, heads hanging a little low today. Lost a legend that I grew up listening to on the radio. I will never forget the times that I listened to Ron and his great heartfelt broadcasts for the Cubs with my dad as I grew up, and now with my daughter since she was born.

RIP Ronnie, you are truly one of the greats.

Ronnie is in a better place right now. The pain he was in this last season was pretty bad, but he made it to every game he could and ones he probably shouldn't have. That was just Ron showing how bad he bleeds Cubbie blue. I was lucky enough to get to meet Ron when I was 15 in Denver. Growing up in Western NE, it was easier for the family to go to Denver when the Cubs were in town than go to Chi-Town. We were walking around Mile High, and ran into him after I heard another man say who he was. Ron stopped and signed a ball for me and then we had an imprompto ten minute Cub chat. He was the friendliest person I had ever met.

Anyhow, Ron is in a place now where he is pain free, chilling with Harry Carey sipping Old Styles, and without a doubt a Hall of Famer. It is a travesty that this man cannot get in when dominating a position and putting up stellar numbers in an era where pitchers dominated.

One last time for Ronnie, "CUBS WIN....AAAAALLLLLRRRRIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT."

I loved his emotion no matter the situation in every game.

RIP CUBBIE