Husker-ISU to be Televised Regionally on ABC

dbetz23

The Big 12 Conference and ABC Sports have announced that Nebraska’s Oct. 1 contest against Iowa State will be televised on a regional basis by ABC. Kickoff time for the conference opener for both teams will be 2:30 p.m. CDT.

The ABC appearance will mark Nebraska’s second straight game on the network after facing Pitt in a regionally-televised ABC game last Saturday. It also gives Nebraska at least three ABC appearances this season, as the Huskers’ regular-season finale at Colorado on Nov. 26 will be televised nationally by the network.

This will mark the first televised Nebraska-Iowa State game since the 2002 game was carried by ABC. It also represents the first time in series history a Husker-Cyclone contest in Lincoln has been televised by ABC Sports.

The Nebraska-ISU game is one of two Big 12 games that will be televised by ABC on Oct. 1. The Missouri-Texas game will be televised on a split-national basis by ABC at 11 a.m.

The remainder of Nebraska’s kickoff times will be determined six to 12 days in advance.

Maybe I need to get me one of those gameplan things. At least for next year.....

I'm sure I won't be able to see the Huskers, though. Probably OSU, or Syracuse, or hell, even Miami is considered regional when you are in New York state.

That being said, I'm really glad that the Huskers are getting some form of air time :) The more coverage, the better!