Lighten up a little people

I hate Watson's offense...just going to come right out and say it. I hate how we have lost our offensive identity of power and imposing our will on the defense. . . .

Well, you started out strong . . . .

Yeah most of my post sounded like I am a Watson supporter, but I am not. I just feel like we need to keep some continuity going into the Big 10, because it could be an awful time to change the entire offense. Not to mention the fact that we have been recruiting for this type of offense. I just feel a total shift in our philosophy right now would be a bad decision. If we can get a gradual shift to some type of identity...it would be for the better IMO.

Like some people have said though, I really hate how we have wasted a couple of great defenses. We lose a lot of our secondary this year, so I think we need to rely on our offense a little more next year. We might be great again on defense (which I think we will be pretty good in that department), but I think a couple of wins will have to come from the offense next year.

Just a little food for thought.

Why not? OU's rush defense has been average all year. Challenge them to shut us down. Let Rex throw a little bit and continue using misdirection. If you must have Taylor throw then roll him out of the pocket that collapsed on him all night. I see what you're saying but I just can't excuse going back to playing into the opposing team's hands over and over.

No I agree with the first part. It's why I said, that would have been better and it's what I think we should have done. But it's a different ball game when the other team knows you have no threat to throw (Burkhead...not really. His throws are like fake punts, but a little more usable. You get a few shots to use them instead of just one, but that's it. Maybe reverses are a better comparison. You can run 2 or 3 in a game, but it's never a threat on its own, just something to keep defenses honest.).

Without the presence of a throwing threat, OU's defense or even most any defense could just load up and stop the run with a good degree of effectiveness. Still, that could have happened and we could have still protected our lead, or clawed back to get the FG at the end. So I completely agree.

On the second sentence, I hope it's the last time to say this but Taylor can't roll out because he can't throw on the run.

I don't know if he can throw on the run or not, have we seen it this year to be able to tell? But I know one thing for certain, he can't throw off his back, and if you roll him out, at least then the option to tuck it and run presents itself. At least it would be something different.