First decade without a conference title since the 50s

WYHusk

:facepalm:

This already happened in 2009. 2010 is the start of a new decade, not the last year of a previous decade.

Guess that's, um, good news, then.

So it's me and the dips***s at ABC who didn't know that then. chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle

Yeah, don't worry about it. I remember them throwing that up on ABC and just thinking, "Really, ABC? Didn't we celebrate the millenium in 2000, not 2001?"

The 2000's = suck for Nebraska football. Hopefully we can start getting some championships again soon.

This already happened in 2009. 2010 is the start of a new decade, not the last year of a previous decade.

Guess that's, um, good news, then.

So it's me and the dips***s at ABC who didn't know that then. chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle

Yeah, don't worry about it. I remember them throwing that up on ABC and just thinking, "Really, ABC? Didn't we celebrate the millenium in 2000, not 2001?"

The 2000's = suck for Nebraska football. Hopefully we can start getting some championships again soon.

Clearly the suckiness has robbed me of a few IQ points. <_<

Actually, you are wrong. In fact, 2000 wasn't the new millennium, 2001 was. (The millennium concept is open to debate, however the counting of decades is not really disputed) I remember this being discussed at the turn of the century/millennium and most people misunderstand it. THis is a copy-pasta form the first thing Google pulled up. Dig deeper if you want.

"Since the common calendar starts from the year 1, its first full decade contained the years from 1 to 10, the second decade from 11 to 20, and so on.[6] So while the "1960s" comprises the years 1960 to 1969, the "197th decade" spans 1961 to 1970."

also:

"The new decade will start on January 1st, 2011! There was no year 0 (our calendar went from 1 BC to 1 AD with no 0 inbetween). So the first decade started with the year 1, the second decade with the year 11, the third decade with the year 21, and so on.

If the calendar didn't start in the year 0 how can you say it ends in 9? This decade and century started on January 1, 2001 and ends December 31, 2010. "

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_does_a_decade_actually_begin#ixzz17JN4n0hv

See also:

year_one1.jpg

Not "Year Zero"

Well since they are saying the last time that we didn't win was in the 50's, they are stating that it was between the years 1950-1959. So if they are basing it off that, then 2010 is the start of a new decade, the twenty-teens. Besides a decade just stands for a period of ten years, so 1996-2005, for instance, is still a decade.

• Fire 1

At least Nebraska earned the right to play for a few Conference titles and a National Championship on the 00s. Its not like we didn't have the opportunity to watch the Huskers play in some big games. They just haven't quite been good enough, but not quite good enough is better than nowhere near good enough, which is most teams. That's why it's a championship.

Starting in 2011, we are getting a fresh start in a lot of ways, but we get to keep some momentum. Things aren't that bad the way I see it.