Is NU second in the Big 12 North standings?

NUance

Who cares at this point. It's all a moot point now that Conference play is over and we're on our way to the Big 10

This.

Well I CARE!!!

It's the difference between driving ~10 miles to see the Insight Bowl or ~9 hours to the stupido Holiday Bowl.

Normally, I'd have no interest in playing Iowa, but I have much less interest in seeing us abuse Siberian Huskies again..I've been the proud human of Siberians since I was 12

Nebraska= .666

I knew you guys were a bad influence on me.... <_<

:lol:

That should be .666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666.....to infinity and beyond!

Or rounds down to .667

Who cares at this point. It's all a moot point now that Conference play is over and we're on our way to the Big 10

This.

Well I CARE!!!

It's the difference between driving ~10 miles to see the Insight Bowl or ~9 hours to the stupido Holiday Bowl.

Normally, I'd have no interest in playing Iowa, but I have much less interest in seeing us abuse Siberian Huskies again..I've been the proud human of Siberians since I was 12

No, it's not the difference. See the other posts that tell you that this is just the order the bowls select teams. They don't take them strictly according to standings.

It is one final way for Beebe to screw us. Big 12 rules should have been in place that state: The loser of the Big 12 Championship is automatically awarded second place in the Big 12. This has huge implications for bowls and it screwed NU this year.

This is completely inaccurate. I think EVERY sportswriter in the world makes it perfectly clear when they make their bowl projections that just because a bowl matchup says:

SEC #3 vs. Big 12 #2

. . . it does not mean that they are obligated to take the second-place Big 12 team. It means they get the second CHOICE of Big 12 teams and can take a 6-6 team over an 12-1 team if they so desire.

:yeah

This.

Well I CARE!!!

No, it's not the difference. See the other posts that tell you that this is just the order the bowls select teams. They don't take them strictly according to standings.

Yeahbut...

It would sure have been much nicer if I could have talked John Junker into letting us have a little payback to the Orange Bowl for setting up a rematch with Oklahoma back in '79 after Ozzy finaly beat Switzer.

And if we had to play someone again it would've been nice to have it be OU in my backyard.

But yer right.

I lost my train of thought and thought I was talking more about the BCS rankings that had two? teams we beat ranked ahead of us.