Is NU second in the Big 12 North standings?

NUance

North Conf. W-L Overall W-L

Missouri 6-2 10-2

Nebraska 6-3 10-3

Kansas St. 3-5 7-5

Iowa St. 3-5 5-7

Colorado 2-6 5-7

Kansas 1-7 3-9

LINK

According to cbssports.com, NU is second to Mizzou in the Big 12 North standings. I guess since we lost the CCG and Mizzou didn't. Funny stuff that.

North Conf. W-L Overall W-L

Missouri 6-2 10-2

Nebraska 6-3 10-3

Kansas St. 3-5 7-5

Iowa St. 3-5 5-7

Colorado 2-6 5-7

Kansas 1-7 3-9

LINK

According to cbssports.com, NU is second to Mizzou in the Big 12 North standings. I guess since we lost the CCG and Mizzou didn't. Funny stuff that.

The division ended after we beat CU, no other wins/losses count towards you divisional record after that.

It is one final way for Beebe to screw us. Big 12 rules should have been in place that state: The loser of the Big 12 Championship is automatically awarded second place in the Big 12. This has huge implications for bowls and it screwed NU this year.

OKie St, MISSYOU and Texas A & M all stay home since they didn't qualify and don't have the loss go against their overall standings or lower

their BCS rankings.

Further evidence that this BCS System is very flawed. It very well may be correct that it counts as a conference loss but they can't say we weren't number one above Mizzou. I don't think Mizzou played in the game.

It is one final way for Beebe to screw us. Big 12 rules should have been in place that state: The loser of the Big 12 Championship is automatically awarded second place in the Big 12. This has huge implications for bowls and it screwed NU this year.

This is completely inaccurate. I think EVERY sportswriter in the world makes it perfectly clear when they make their bowl projections that just because a bowl matchup says:

SEC #3 vs. Big 12 #2

. . . it does not mean that they are obligated to take the second-place Big 12 team. It means they get the second CHOICE of Big 12 teams and can take a 6-6 team over an 12-1 team if they so desire.

this is so stupid, they can kiss my a$$, Big 12 is no longer relevant.

Apparently it is still relevant to some of you or this thread would have never started. You all are moving on to bigger and better things, so who gives a rats @ss?!?! The big 12 has been a joke for years and everyone knows it!

Its because NU and MU tied and M comes before N in the alphabet. If you look at the south standings I bet the top three go OU OSU TAM. Due to the alphabet.

Ha ha! That would be the rule alright. If the nutsack Dan Beebe hangs onto was Baylor's instead of UT's.

Guys, this is just a matter of percentages. Their computer is just spitting out numbers. Our win percentage in the Big XII is lower than Missouri's according to their computer, and that's why we have the second spot.

Missouri

6-2 = .750 winning percentage

Nebraska

6-3 = .666 winning percentage

That's your explanation. It doesn't take the fact that the CCG was post-season play into account for this simple, non-binding standings report. It's entirely computer-generated. No conspiracy.