Peterson's contract is up!!!!!!!!!

kramer

Lets see, you champion the idea of NU fans not going to games, thereby throwing the athletic dept. into a negative cash flow situation. The byproducts of this would be devastating to football recruiting and the certain elimination of many varsity level sports and the U. And then you come back here and have the gall say you don't want this team to fail? Your hatred of one individual has consumed you to the point of utter disregard for best interests of the school and student athletes that bust there butts every day.

I’m flattered that you guys think that I have enough power to do this ;) Other than the people whom I may attend games with, I don’t think that my posts on a website are gonna sway too many people, wow!! I am frankly bringing up a scenario in which people that don’t like what big corporations do can be heard. I’ve never wanted the kids to fail, I feel badly for them. I think that it is unfortunately inevitable what this staff is going to do, so am I not supposed to speak about it? If you dont like what Targhetto does, you dont shop there, if you dont like Pepsi's corporate policies, you dont purchase it.

Or do you purchase products that you dont like?? Money talks.

It is overwhelming obvious in reading the plethora of negative posts you put up here you would like nothing better than to have the this administration, the coaches and players to fail, have the program go winless for the next few years and have NU end up like, oh say Baylor. Would that be low enough for you?

My problem is that I feel like this admin/coaching staff is leading us to the level of Baylor and I dont want to see it happen. Im sorry I dont drink from your kool-aid. The team is getting worse, maybe since you have no problem with that and you are going along with it, YOU are the one who really hates the program??? <_< I LOVE it enough to be upset when it is not going well.

Just look at your screen name, it says it all.

I guess to quote Froppa what am I a formerfan of??? I guess as one poster pointed out in another thread, I have been seen at a couple of NU games this year sporting a new Husker T-shirt, and you :dumdum ????

Wharf Rat,  That was the very impression I received, as well, when I read Former Fan's thread.  It reminds me of the people who say they supprot the troops and then hope that the mission fails. You can't have it both ways.

When have I ever said that I WANT them to fail??? I just think that with this staff, failure is inevitable, unfortunately.

The current players are very positive,

What else would you expect :wacko:

a large majority of fans support him

If things keep going as they are, that will soon change. Besides, wasnt pud recently named the most hated man in the state of NE by fans (through Sports Illustrated) over Barry Switzer :blink: You may want to rethink that statement.

Pederson also is responsible for many other sports.  How is their success? Let's see, national bowling championship, probable volleyball national championship, probable return to the CWS,

As far as I can tell, he hasnt gotten his hands on them, they were all built by $ Bill Byrne, thank God.

etc. plus a new athletic center and stadium expansion.  If this is all done within the budget,

Its beautiful, wonderful, and needed to keep up with the Jones. However, I think that ole pud is a quite few million short of what he needs to pay for it.

Tom was a Hall of Fame coach for his era.  He could not recruit and build another championship today unless he drastically changed. Today's kids are different, because the NFL is different.

More wild speculation that cannot be proven. :dumdum

How many Top 10 teams are running the option?

Ohio St for sure, I think Va Tech. Havent seen the new Top 10, there may be a couple more :thumbs

###### Posted on Sep 25 2005, 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Roy CO HSKR @ Sep 25 2005, 01:43 PM)

Wharf Rat,  That was the very impression I received, as well, when I read Former Fan's thread.  It reminds me of the people who say they supprot the troops and then hope that the mission fails.  You can't have it both ways.  The current players are very positive, most of regents supported the contrat extention, a large majority of fans support him and obviously the Chancellor does, as well.

Pederson also is responsible for many other sports.  How is their success? Let's see, national bowling championship, probable volleyball national championship, probable return to the CWS, etc. plus a new athletic center and stadium expansion.  If this is all done within the budget, then we have a very successful athletic dept.

Tom was a Hall of Fame coach for his era.  He could not recruit and build another championship today unless he drastically changed. Today's kids are different, because the NFL is different.  How many Top 10 teams are running the option? 

Even some of the most succesful teams/coaches the past 4 years are struggling this year. Oklahoma, Michigan, Iowa already have 2 losses on the season and are no where to be found in either college footballs top 25 polls. Bob Stoops played in 2 national championships the past 2 years. Michigan has played in the last 2 Rose Bowls and has been co-confernece champs the past 2 years, and Iowa has built a 31-7 record the past 3 years. Some people will never comprehend the term "what goes up, must come down". Some people will never understand the term rebuilding of a dynasty. Some people love to cling to the past and live in it and wave off the future. You can either imbrace the future right now or just live in ignorance like KSU fans who believe college football began in 1998 

this is the why i dont believe FS should have been fired. lots of examples there of similar things happening in other high profile programs, but it happened and im dealing with it.

formerfan Posted on Sep 26 2005, 03:35 PM

Lets see, you champion the idea of NU fans not going to games, thereby throwing the athletic dept. into a negative cash flow situation. The byproducts of this would be devastating to football recruiting and the certain elimination of many varsity level sports and the U. And then you come back here and have the gall say you don't want this team to fail? Your hatred of one individual has consumed you to the point of utter disregard for best interests of the school and student athletes that bust there butts every day.

I’m flattered that you guys think that I have enough power to do this  Other than the people whom I may attend games with, I don’t think that my posts on a website are gonna sway too many people, wow!! I am frankly bringing up a scenario in which people that don’t like what big corporations do can be heard. I’ve never wanted the kids to fail, I feel badly for them. I think that it is unfortunately inevitable what this staff is going to do, so am I not supposed to speak about it? If you dont like what Targhetto does, you dont shop there, if you dont like Pepsi's corporate policies, you dont purchase it.

Or do you purchase products that you dont like?? Money talks.

It is overwhelming obvious in reading the plethora of negative posts you put up here you would like nothing better than to have the this administration, the coaches and players to fail, have the program go winless for the next few years and have NU end up like, oh say Baylor. Would that be low enough for you?

My problem is that I feel like this admin/coaching staff is leading us to the level of Baylor and I dont want to see it happen. Im sorry I dont drink from your kool-aid. The team is getting worse, maybe since you have no problem with that and you are going along with it, YOU are the one who really hates the program???  I LOVE it enough to be upset when it is not going well.

Just look at your screen name, it says it all.

I guess to quote Froppa what am I a formerfan of??? I guess as one poster pointed out in another thread, I have been seen at a couple of NU games this year sporting a new Husker T-shirt, and you  ????

Wharf Rat,  That was the very impression I received, as well, when I read Former Fan's thread.  It reminds me of the people who say they supprot the troops and then hope that the mission fails. You can't have it both ways. 

When have I ever said that I WANT them to fail??? I just think that with this staff, failure is inevitable, unfortunately.

The current players are very positive,

What else would you expect 

a large majority of fans support him 

If things keep going as they are, that will soon change. Besides, wasnt pud recently named the most hated man in the state of NE by fans (through Sports Illustrated) over Barry Switzer  You may want to rethink that statement.

Pederson also is responsible for many other sports.  How is their success? Let's see, national bowling championship, probable volleyball national championship, probable return to the CWS,

As far as I can tell, he hasnt gotten his hands on them, they were all built by $ Bill Byrne, thank God.

etc. plus a new athletic center and stadium expansion.  If this is all done within the budget,

Its beautiful, wonderful, and needed to keep up with the Jones. However, I think that ole pud is a quite few million short of what he needs to pay for it.

Tom was a Hall of Fame coach for his era.  He could not recruit and build another championship today unless he drastically changed. Today's kids are different, because the NFL is different. 

More wild speculation that cannot be proven. 

How many Top 10 teams are running the option?

Ohio St for sure, I think Va Tech. Havent seen the new Top 10, there may be a couple more 

its one thing to be optimistic and another to be blind, things havent improved since SP brought in BC, actually they have gotten worse and thats why i dont understand everyone having blind faith in them to change the world. if there arnt doubts in peoples minds then it makes me wonder what being a fan is all about? dont you want your team to be the best? support them when they arnt, but still youve got to have expectations that they will be, and right now my expectations are kinda low and it sucks, im trying to be optimistic, but its been pretty hard watching them struggle on offense when they were supposed to be so improved this year. my point being i think no less of you for what you post because i have many of the same doubts lingering around but am less vocal about it, others maybe should get off the BC bandwagon and start being more suspicious IMO. navy was ranked last year, not top 10, top 25, but still they have limited talent and they still run an option based offense, thats the most sucessful option based team of last year IMO.

its one thing to be optimistic and another to be blind, things havent improved since SP brought in BC, actually they have gotten worse and thats why i dont understand everyone having blind faith in them to change the world. if there arnt doubts in peoples minds then it makes me wonder what being a fan is all about?

Frank Solich coached games = 78

Bill Callahan coached games = 14

Fine, if you don't want to give Callahan at least 4 years to run the system, get his players, make the proper changes, then he deserves at least enough time to coach HALF the amount of games Solich coached which is 39 games. Or does not Callahan get the same treatment as Solich simply because he did not play or grow up as a Husker?

I wish people like formerfan and everyone else like him stop bitching and give this coaching staff some freaking time to work out the kinks, regardless if you hate Pederson or think Callahan is an arrogant jerk or that the coaches are stupid and don't know how to make changes. What the hell could all this bitching possibly accomplish? What? Fire Callahan? Fire Steve Pederson? All you people bitching, explain to me how in gods name you are going to convince any coach to come here if you fire Callahan after this year or next? No smart person in his mind would come to a situation like this, and you reap what you sow. If Callahan is fired after his third year, prepare for Husker football to go through 10-12 years of medicority before we actually find a GOOD coach who will take a chance and come here in fear of not being fired. The more you bitch, the more we will become the OU, USC and ND of the 90's.

###### Posted on Sep 27 2005, 07:02 AM

its one thing to be optimistic and another to be blind, things havent improved since SP brought in BC, actually they have gotten worse and thats why i dont understand everyone having blind faith in them to change the world. if there arnt doubts in peoples minds then it makes me wonder what being a fan is all about?

Frank Solich coached games = 78

Bill Callahan coached games = 14

Fine, if you don't want to give Callahan at least 4 years to run the system, get his players, make the proper changes, then he deserves at least enough time to coach HALF the amount of games Solich coached which is 39 games. Or does not Callahan get the same treatment as Solich simply because he did not play or grow up as a Husker?

I wish people like formerfan and everyone else like him stop bitching and give this coaching staff some freaking time to work out the kinks, regardless if you hate Pederson or think Callahan is an arrogant jerk or that the coaches are stupid and don't know how to make changes. What the hell could all this bitching possibly accomplish? What? Fire Callahan? Fire Steve Pederson? All you people bitching, explain to me how in gods name you are going to convince any coach to come here if you fire Callahan after this year or next? No smart person in his mind would come to a situation like this, and you reap what you sow. If Callahan is fired after his third year, prepare for Husker football to go through 10-12 years of medicority before we actually find a GOOD coach who will take a chance and come here in fear of not being fired. The more you bitch, the more we will become the OU, USC and ND of the 90's. 

guess you stopped reading where you chopped my post off. i never implied to fire BC or SP, not sure where you pulled that out of? my point is that im not seeing much progress IMO, and i dont like it. totally agree that more change will cause more problems at this point, so im content on letting this take its course. i just had hopes for more improvement this year, hopefully i will be pleasently suprised with the rest of the season, and i doubt my bitching will have any outcome on the future of the program.

The post wasn't directed at you at all, but the negative posters in general who are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to cause more dissention and choas in the Husker Nation and can't display a ounce of patience. Sorry if you thought i was attacking your opinion directly. The quote button can be ax tricky thing sometimes. :thumbs