My thoughts on Just About Everything that is Husker at the Moment

EZ-E

What was everyone expecting with a one dimensional redshirt freshman at the most critical position on offense?

This is more or less the point.

I criticized Taylor being chosen as a starter, and 100x more so Taylor being kept on as starter through injury.

But he didn't fail to meet expectations or anything, they needed to be tempered to begin with just based on where he is coming from.

What Bo was expecting? I think he was expecting a title run. And he nearly got it aside from being derailed a few times, then collapsing down the stretch. :P My point there is it was a gambit that actually had a shot at working...but when it didn't, man did we fall hard at the end.

I think most defenses struggle to contain mobile QBs. But we have seen games where Taylor has even put up respectable rushing stats - Kansas for example, 70 something on 13 carries - and what of it? A lot of our 'struggle' games, we posted very good, very solid stats on the ground. What of it? It is evident we need more than that to have a successful offense, in my opinion. We can average 4.5 ypa on the ground on about 50 carries, and at the end of the day all that is is 200 ish yards of offense and a disappointing 4.5 yards per play. I like a solid running game as much as the next guy, but it is just one piece to the puzzle and not the end-all, be-all, or the panacea solution to any team's offensive woes.