My thoughts on Just About Everything that is Husker at the Moment

EZ-E

I am confident the OL will be better. I see T-Mart's off-season development as the key to the offense. He is a very talented QB, but can he take it to the next level or is he the primadona people talk about. If T-Mart kicks things up a notch NU should be beter. If he takes a step backwards the wheels could come off.

I don't see anything confidence inspiring unless Cotton is replaced. His line was bad in '03, bad at ISU, and bad for the past 3 seasons here. What about this man is confidence inspiring about his ability to coach an even competent offensive line?

I am confident the OL will be better. I see T-Mart's off-season development as the key to the offense. He is a very talented QB, but can he take it to the next level or is he the primadona people talk about. If T-Mart kicks things up a notch NU should be beter. If he takes a step backwards the wheels could come off.

I don't see anything confidence inspiring unless Cotton is replaced. His line was bad in '03, bad at ISU, and bad for the past 3 seasons here. What about this man is confidence inspiring about his ability to coach an even competent offensive line?

Im still trying to figure out why he was hired here..... Its not like that '03 season was awesome. It was an improvement from 02. But 09, '10 seasons ring awful like that '03 season.

One sentence: Zac Lee should have been the starting quarterback this season.

Which was a lot harder to say when Taylor was murderating K-State and Washington.

...and Oklahoma State.

However, I don't think Zac Lee plays the LT spot very well, so don't now how anybody would have helped that much. He probably gets rid of the ball more often, but we lose the first downs created by Taylor's legs. I say it was probably a wash between the two.

He's just a bit undersized to play left tackle.

Once Martinez got dinged, his play went out the window. At that point is when Lee should have been moved to starter. Failing to make that move is just another example of Pelini's need to grow and learn.

Yea but didn't lee get hurt around that same time

I don't think Zac ever totally healed from his surgery in the first place. Then he hurt it against UT and then he was pretty much unavailable the rest of the year. Which is why he never played anymore. I believe enough in Bo that he would have played him if he was available over a dinged up TMart and a very inconsistent Green.

I know Bo wants us to run the Oregon offense, (which is why the rumor about Frost coming back is out there) but other than TMart we didn't have that QB this year. Hopefully with the new guys coming in at the QB position, we will have the depth required to run that offense if that is what still wants.

That was the rumor but it was not all accurate. The realities are Lee was healthy to play all but one week where he popped his hand into a helmet at practice.

The truth is his elbow, after surgery, was evaluated at around 90%. At this level the doctors said his play would not he hampered at all. In practice he proved them right.

He could have played post Mizzou as well. As you noted he crushed his hand on a helmet which did not allow him to grip the ball naturally. I was told that the trainers could have done some things in order for him to be able to play. I believe "shoot it up" is the term.

In my own personal opinion, if Barney Cotton is back the OL will not be better. He is the most stubborn member of our staff.

Apparently a lot of people have forgotten how bad the offense was last year and how awesome Martinez was early in the year.

Oh boy, that's for sure.

As wildly inconsistent and failure prone as the offense was this year it was 1983 relative to the supreme abortion of the Z. Lee led 2009 offense. The stats show it clearly.

2009 - 99th in total offense (Sagarin sos 52)

2010 - 44th in total offense (Sagarin sos 28)

That's a VAST improvement over the Z. Lee 2009 offense to say the very least. Vs a better schedule too. Nevertheless, let the Lee apologists rant, rave and continue to dream up wild fantasies where Z. Lee is Dan Marino. The facts are that Lee's proven high point was looking good vs a couple of Sun Belt teams last year. That's it. That's also why he got beat out by a freshman. A good decision by the coaches.

But hey, if it them makes them feel good....that's ok!

• Fire 2

Apparently a lot of people have forgotten how bad the offense was last year and how awesome Martinez was early in the year.

Oh boy, that's for sure.

As wildly inconsistent and failure prone as the offense was this year it was 1983 relative to the supreme abortion of the Z. Lee led 2009 offense. The stats show it clearly.

That's a VAST improvement over the Z. Lee 2009 offense to say the very least. Vs a better schedule too. Nevertheless, let the Lee apologists rant, rave and continue to dream up wild fantasies where Z. Lee is Dan Marino. The facts are that Lee's proven high point was looking good vs a couple of Sun Belt teams last year. That's it. That's also why he got beat out by a freshman. A good decision by the coaches.

Remind me how great TMart looked against good defenses as well. How great was he after the Mizzou game?

Oh boy, that's for sure.

Remind me how great TMart looked against good defenses as well. How great was he after the Mizzou game?

EZ-

I am very interested in the stuff you said in the OP... I like hearing some of the "inside" rumors. I am not totally disagreeing with you or discounting your information, but, obviously I am somewhat of a Taylor supporter. I am sure you have read some of the other threads I have started or replied in...... I think he has a LONG way to go, but the OL is just as much to blame here.

After the MU game.... my defense here is......he got hurt at MU.... High ankle sprain. I have been around guys in which this injury takes 5 weeks minimum to get to at least 80%. He did NOT play the next week at ISU, played at about 70% vs KU (which he had only 2 "true" running plays caled and was unable to plant to throw, played injured with ankle and turf toe vs AM......also got re-injured in that game. It doesn't take much to re-agreavate a high ankle. Anyone who doesn't believe this obviously hasn't had one , or been around guys who have.... and turf toe..... just this year, 2 nfl guys missed final 4 weeks of season with same injury.... didn't play vs CU...... sitll hurt against OU.....how can you not still be hurt. I know coaches are going to say he is "good", but c'mon.

Washington.....no excuses of injury..... should have played better....but then again, I am not sure ANYONE on offense played well.

** It is hard to say "after MU", when he wasn't on the field, and when he was, he was probably was at 75%.......... not sure that you are using a "fair" assessment with that one.

• Fire 1

Oh boy, that's for sure.

EZ-

I am very interested in the stuff you said in the OP... I like hearing some of the "inside" rumors. I am not totally disagreeing with you or discounting your information, but, obviously I am somewhat of a Taylor supporter. I am sure you have read some of the other threads I have started or replied in...... I think he has a LONG way to go, but the OL is just as much to blame here.

After the MU game.... my defense here is......he got hurt at MU.... High ankle sprain. I have been around guys in which this injury takes 5 weeks minimum to get to at least 80%. He did NOT play the next week at ISU, played at about 70% vs KU (which he had only 2 "true" running plays caled and was unable to plant to throw, played injured with ankle and turf toe vs AM......also got re-injured in that game. It doesn't take much to re-agreavate a high ankle. Anyone who doesn't believe this obviously hasn't had one , or been around guys who have.... and turf toe..... just this year, 2 nfl guys missed final 4 weeks of season with same injury.... didn't play vs CU...... sitll hurt against OU.....how can you not still be hurt. I know coaches are going to say he is "good", but c'mon.

Washington.....no excuses of injury..... should have played better....but then again, I am not sure ANYONE on offense played well.

** It is hard to say "after MU", when he wasn't on the field, and when he was, he was probably was at 75%.......... not sure that you are using a "fair" assessment with that one.

HANC-

I think you add a lot to this board and I also enjoy when you reply to threads, but that was a bait question. I was looking for bshirt to answer in a similar way after he had discounted the fact that Zac Lee was hurt the majority of the 2009 season.

Oh boy, that's for sure.

EZ-

HANC-

I think you add a lot to this board and I also enjoy when you reply to threads, but that was a bait question. I was looking for bshirt to answer in a similar way after he had discounted the fact that Zac Lee was hurt the majority of the 2009 season.

OOOPS.....Sorry for hijacking the intent.... I am a little slow... I will catch on sooner or later......you set the "bait" for a big fish, and caught one to throw back...ha.....

Oh boy, that's for sure.

EZ-E, the point being is that freshman Tmart had massively higher success than junior Z. Lee ever dreamed of before injury(s). That simply cannot be denied. Spinning how great Z. Lee would/could have been this year is based essentially on nothing.

The other point is that while I've dissed Z. Lee's lack of talent many times I've NEVER assassinated his character or integrity as so many do to Tmart on this thread and others. It's disgusting how vicious people are when given a chance. Even when the evidence is only internet rumors.

Well old friend, the season is over and it's a long wait until next year. Let's hope we can find some coherent coaching on the other side of the ball. I agree that SW isn't the only problem but there's no synergy or commitment to any philosophy I can see amoung the offensive staff and that simply has to change. The upside is that if that can be done we'll tear the Big10 apart.

GBR!!

• Fire 1

The problem is that we will never know because he was not given a chance. Neither was Green really.

I could reply to your whole thread bshirt, but it would take awhile and quite frankly, it would be the same thing that everybody has said on here.

Just remember, we are on the same team everyone. bshirt and I both bleed Husker red.

I would completely agree with you when talking about the personal attack on a player's character. I do not believe that I have done that publically on this board. I believe that I have kept my opinions of players in PMs to people and texts to certain other posters. If you would like my opinion on a certain QB, I will give it to you in a pm.

The problem is that we will never know because he was not given a chance. Neither was Green really.

I could reply to your whole thread bshirt, but it would take awhile and quite frankly, it would be the same thing that everybody has said on here.

Just remember, we are on the same team everyone. bshirt and I both bleed Husker red.

I would completely agree with you when talking about the personal attack on a player's character. I do not believe that I have done that publically on this board. I believe that I have kept my opinions of players in PMs to people and texts to certain other posters. If you would like my opinion on a certain QB, I will give it to you in a pm.

I agree, let's all get together so we can hate Iowa with everyone's fury concentrated...