My thoughts on Just About Everything that is Husker at the Moment

EZ-E

As many of you know, I am not anti-Watson. I think he is a very great offensive mind. Here is how the whole TMart thing happened. If you understand this I really think you will understand why I feel the way that I do about Watson.

Two weeks before the season our coaches were ready to name Zac Lee the starting QB. Every last one of them. Watson had plans for TMart. TMart would be on the field in a 15 play package as a change of pace QB and he would be brought on slowly. It was not until the last practice where TMart broke 3 40+ yard runs on our first team defense that anyone had even thought about starting him. After that Bo made his decision and said we will start TMart at QB. So our offense went from being multiple with an experienced QB that could make multiple reads and go through multiple progressions and make all the pre-snap reads into an offense that can run around 25 plays. You saw last night that there are things that TMart just flat out cannot do. One of them is make good pre-snap reads. He can't slide the protection against the blitz, he can not throw the ball as accurately as some give him credit for. Will Muschamp is also on record saying that TMart never reads defenses, he just kind of guesses and pre-determines his reads. He is a one trick pony that when given the time to prepare for anyone can stop.

So with that above stated, Bo handcuffed him. I also strongly believe that we stayed with him down the stretch of the season because Bo was just too proud to admit that he had made a mistake.

I was in the Zac Lee camp before the year. It is hard to say that our senior QB with a year of experience could have done any worse. I do also know that Bo was angry at Zac for getting that surgery in the off season.

In regards to Watson though, a change needs to be made. The way that Bo wants to run an offense that does not suit him. It is not Watson's strong point. Bring in someone new and let them hire their own assistants. We can't have this mixed breed of coaches that don't compliment each other at all.

Barney Cotton should be ashamed of himself after what happened the other night. He needs to go. TO was not doing anyone any favors when he insisted that Barney be given the job. This is my only issue with TO. Loyalty to a fault.

Ted Gilmore, see yah. I wish I could say that it was a pleasure, but I would be lying. Every success that any individual WR has had has been in spite of you not because of you. You took a kid like Niles Paul and made him the brunt of ridicule and the punchline of our jokes when he should have been a first round draft pick.

Bo, you have to decide whether you are ment to be a HC or not. You have some big decisions that need to be made here.

Bo did recieve a lot more private scrutanty than he did public after the aTm game. He will be mentioned for other jobs this off-season. Stay tuned because these next 4 weeks are going to be very interesting.

• Fire 3

As many of you know, I am not anti-Watson. I think he is a very great offensive mind. Here is how the whole TMart thing happened. If you understand this I really think you will understand why I feel the way that I do about Watson.

Two weeks before the season our coaches were ready to name Zac Lee the starting QB. Every last one of them. Watson had plans for TMart. TMart would be on the field in a 15 play package as a change of pace QB and he would be brought on slowly. It was not until the last practice where TMart broke 3 40+ yard runs on our first team defense that anyone had even thought about starting him. After that Bo made his decision and said we will start TMart at QB. So our offense went from being multiple with an experienced QB that could make multiple reads and go through multiple progressions and make all the pre-snap reads into an offense that can run around 25 plays. You saw last night that there are things that TMart just flat out cannot do. One of them is make good pre-snap reads. He can't slide the protection against the blitz, he can not throw the ball as accurately as some give him credit for. Will Muschamp is also on record saying that TMart never reads defenses, he just kind of guesses and pre-determines his reads. He is a one trick pony that when given the time to prepare for anyone can stop.

So with that above stated, Bo handcuffed him. I also strongly believe that we stayed with him down the stretch of the season because Bo was just too proud to admit that he had made a mistake.

I was in the Zac Lee camp before the year. It is hard to say that our senior QB with a year of experience could have done any worse. I do also know that Bo was angry at Zac for getting that surgery in the off season.

In regards to Watson though, a change needs to be made. The way that Bo wants to run an offense that does not suit him. It is not Watson's strong point. Bring in someone new and let them hire their own assistants. We can't have this mixed breed of coaches that don't compliment each other at all.

Barney Cotton should be ashamed of himself after what happened the other night. He needs to go. TO was not doing anyone any favors when he insisted that Barney be given the job. This is my only issue with TO. Loyalty to a fault.

Ted Gilmore, see yah. I wish I could say that it was a pleasure, but I would be lying. Every success that any individual WR has had has been in spite of you not because of you. You took a kid like Niles Paul and made him the brunt of ridicule and the punchline of our jokes when he should have been a first round draft pick.

Bo, you have to decide whether you are ment to be a HC or not. You have some big decisions that need to be made here.

Bo did recieve a lot more private scrutanty than he did public after the aTm game. He will be mentioned for other jobs this off-season. Stay tuned because these next 4 weeks are going to be very interesting.

the great thing about the internet is anyone can post up anything.....how anyone on this board would know what the coaches had planned for this season is ridiculous...nice post, entertainment is needed this time of year.

• Fire 2

I appreciate you sharing that. If you really believe it, it is easier to see why you are not anti-Watson. But there is one big reason why you, and others, may not accept your explanation: Zac Lee---in fact, almost every single offensive starter we had this year---was at Watson's disposal in 2009, which was one of the worst offensive seasons in the history of NCAA football. We were atrocious. With this in mind, it is hard for me to believe that things would have been magically okay in 2010 had Bo not forced T-Mart on Watson. Moreover, Bo's decision to name T-Mart as starting QB is more understandable if you recognize that Watson didn't do diddly with Zac, Cody, and the rest of this offense in 2009.

As a disclaimer, let me say that I have always been a Zac Lee fan, and expected our offensive to improve somewhat based on having a healthy Zac and 1 year of experience under everyone's collective belts. But I was NOT expecting them to be lights out like we were in the UW, K State, Okie State, and Mizzou games.

I respect your opinion EZ-E, but it seems that you are trying to pass your opinion off as fact.

Do you have a source? How do you know that's how it all went down?

lol, yeah. I didn't even bother reading most of the post since it started with "this is how it went down...blah blah blah". It was obvious where most of that novella was going right from that point. I just skipped to the end where it was talking about coaches.

You have some good points, but I am also wondering a few things after reading your comments.

Why would Bo be mad at Lee for haveing surgery on his arm if he needed it? That doesn't even make sense if this is the case.

Is there a chance that if Watson is staying that he could be the OC with a new QB coach? Would there be room without getting rid of anyone?

I agree that Barney should feel ashamed of the way his boys played the other night. I do think that Barney has more upside than some other coaches such as Gilmore and Watson as a QB coach. But there has to be more consistency throughout the year with Barneys O-Line.

Are you saying that Bo has been in more trouble than we know about with the Administration? How do you know this? And are you saying that Bo is looking for other jobs right now? I personally think that it would suck to lose Bo. He brings the type of fire and leadership that we have been missing for a long time at Nebraska.

These are just questions not attacks by any means.

I respect your opinion EZ-E, but it seems that you are trying to pass your opinion off as fact.

lol, yeah. I didn't even bother reading most of the post since it started with "this is how it went down...blah blah blah". It was obvious where most of that novella was going right from that point. I just skipped to the end where it was talking about coaches.

I do have a "source" as some of you call it. I have quite a few of them. I will not name them on this board.

EbylHusker - I have nothing to say to you. Clearly you are not interested in the truth, you are only interested in hearing anything that is anti-Watson.

Husker Richard - I am not trying to pass any of my opinions as facts. That "story" that I "made up" according to EbylHusker came from many people that I trust regarding Husker football. You will note that anything that I have concluded is based upon the premises of what happened.

We were atrocious in 2009 because we were banged up beyond repair in 2009, from the QB to the OL.

I don't think we put up video game numbers with Zac. I do think we win more consistently and don't see meltdowns. The Oklahoma State game could have been a loss. Texas? Oklahoma? A&M? Wash II? Don't really think so. But honestly the way Zac has gotten hurt, all bets are off if he could have started this year and stayed healthy.

Bo saw the good with Taylor that I didn't believe was there until I saw it on the field. But the bad, we all knew was there. Bo took a calculated risk, and in the end - did it pay off? I do not think so, just from results, but I recognize that injuries had a lot to do with it. That limits the extent to which I can criticize Bo for that call, somewhat. But post injury, I still strongly feel like we should have morphed back into our fall camp offense with Cody and built around that while letting Taylor heal up.

Progress is key and you have to let players grow on the field, in addition to in practice. However, it seemed to be more important to make a statement about 'This guy is our starter'; 'This guy is our backup' than getting behind the best player by circumstance and letting him handle it. At the beginning of the year I thought that Bo was treating the QB spot like any other position: interchangeable, subbable, the same way you would rotate RB1 and RB2 and RB3. That wasn't actually the case. For better or for worse, we rode Taylor this year. The end result of 4 losses overall - honestly not too surprising, with Taylor's saving grace being that you can say injury had a lot to do with 3 of those.

Shame on Lee for wanting to get his blown out elbow repaired and shame on the doctors for diagnosing the injury then operating on him.

PM sent to clear up the incorrect information in your "post"

Are you refering to me? If so, I would much enjoy a PM from you.

I do have a "source" as some of you call it. I have quite a few of them. I will not name them on this board.

EbylHusker - I have nothing to say to you. Clearly you are not interested in the truth, you are only interested in hearing anything that is anti-Watson.

Husker Richard - I am not trying to pass any of my opinions as facts. That "story" that I "made up" according to EbylHusker came from many people that I trust regarding Husker football. You will note that anything that I have concluded is based upon the premises of what happened.

ahhhhhh - nevermind

Wow.....where so many get the idea everything would have been Hunky Dory if we just would have started Zac freakin Lee is totally over my head.

He's a tough kid but Jeeez....his whole resume was a couple of good games last year vs SunBelt teams. That's it.

After that he "led" us to the worst offense imaginable essentially going 3 & out all year long. He's not a bad passer if you can give him his three hour lock down procedure before he unleashes the pass. That's his upside as seeing him lumber along on the option was extremely painful for any NU fan. Many claim he's fast but I never saw any quickness on the field at all. A-t a-l-l.

But I suppose it doesn't hurt to dream he would have magically been Dan Marino this year if he magically would have been healthy. Heck...why not?

• Fire 3

EbylHusker - You are a moron.

I'm not sure where you got the information for your post but according to my newphew that plays for NU, who is sitting on the sofa at my house watching football with us, and has just read your post he smiled, shook his head, and not even close.

No I won't name him because I don't have to and I'm not into that.

Well, I do happen to know some players as well. This came from some of the things that I have heard from them, other people that are very close to the program that I know and what they have said.

I won't name any other names. But could it be that there are things that coaching staffs keep from players? That is my only question to you. Good day and have a nice New Years Vince.

Wow.....where so many get the idea everything would have been Hunky Dory if we just would have started Zac freakin Lee is totally over my head.

He's a tough kid but Jeeez....his whole resume was a couple of good games last year vs SunBelt teams. That's it.

The way you hear some people talk about our offense this year, Taylor's whole resume is built upon tearing up some bottom-feeder defenses.

Interesting double standard, to be sure.

I don't buy it, Taylor did very well prior to injury, other potential pitfalls aside. But post injury, he has not been effective. Love him or hate him, he was ineffective. He was getting routinely chopped down from behind by defensive ends, which appears to put him in the category of grandmother speed, if I recall.