Cody Green or Martinez?

Cody Green vs. Taylor Martinez?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope we don't need to go to "other" because whomever it is has never started a college game. That said Carnes would be my dark horse to start, at least he been around the program for a year.

Stats for Cody Green......

Comp attempts yds perc long rating

3 12 45 25.0 17 0 0 56.50 3 -2 -0.7 1 0

He has no touch. Once it lets it go it is 5 yards above the WR and is a heat seaking laser. His longest completion was when Mike M when up 10 feet and catches the ball and get a toe in. It should of been on top plays of the day. Sadly, Mike was wide open, no defender within 6 yards of him. :facepalm:

I watched 7 games today. 14 starting qb's and all of them knew how to complete passes to WR's. Even a freshman back up at Northwestern is better than what NU has right now in our top 2 Qb's.

Carnes and J. Turner will be starting over these two Qb's next year.

Tmart by 500 country miles.

With a competent OC & qb coach we'll have next year we're gonna light up the Big10 like a Christmas tree.

I watched a kid that has completely lost his team go out and lose 3 times to mediocre teams. Taylor is good against weak teams, sunbelt teams. It has been documented by other DC's(muschamp), that Taylor doesn't read any defenses. He is winging it. You can't wing it at NU and run the table. If we want to have 4 loss seasons and meltdowns after every loss, he is our guy.

Go watch the tape of Carnes. He has wheels and can throw on the run with accuracy. He can avoid the oncoming

rushers and throw to open WR's. We haven't had that here since Ganz.

Bring on Carnes or Jamal Turner. I would say Bubba but most people say that he will never play here.

• Fire 1

There are just too many fundamental errors that Martinez would have to overcome in one off-season for him to become a competent D-I quarterback next year. Of course, I would be ecstatic if he did drastically improve, but I find that outcome to be highly unlikely. If, in fact, Bo moves to a new OC then (depending on who he chooses) the redshirt experience "in the system," while still greatly valuable, may not be all that significant a factor when deciding the starter.

Other. I really think Carnes is the choice. People have raved about his talent and if he puts it all together he can be the best out of the bunch.

See thats the problem. People rave about a players abilities in practice without knowing how they'll perform on the field. We're talking about practice here.