Zac Who?

Roark

Does anybody else find it completely bizarre that Zac Lee sat on the sidelines all season, when it seemed like he was exactly what the Huskers needed in close games/losses? I understand that he wasn't the best passer or lighting fast, but I think that with two quality running backs and a legitimate passing threat, Nebraska really could have kept opponents on their toes this season. Martinez had success early, but he was exposed. Presumably, being a senior, Lee would have had a better grasp of the playbook and more experience with reading defenses, audibles, more patience in the pocket/decision making, etc. These are things that KILLED the offense this year (problems that were exacerbated by an inconsistent and often inept o-line). Do people actually believe that Martinez and Green were the best overall quarterbacks this last season?

• Fire 2

Zac WAS the best passer on the team. I am not sure it is especially close. Lee just got hurt mid year (Missouri game or thereabouts). Not sure how hurt he is still.

I could have sworn that I heard a presser post-A&M when Bo said that Lee was available to play "had they needed him." or something to that effect... I can't seem to find a video at the moment.

This season is over, Lee is gone. Now it's time to talk about Martinez, Green, Carnes, and Turner. Should see all of them in the spring game. Won't know much about Starling until the 2012 spring game probably, if ever.

Okay, well Lee may be gone, but if you agree that the decision to not play him is bizarre, then we're not talking about Lee, per se, we're talking about those who decided not to play him and those people will probably still be there next season.

This season is over, Lee is gone. Now it's time to talk about Martinez, Green, Carnes, and Turner. Should see all of them in the spring game. Won't know much about Starling until the 2012 spring game probably, if ever.

Okay, well Lee may be gone, but if you agree that the decision to not play him is bizarre, then we're not talking about Lee, per se, we're talking about those who decided not to play him and those people will probably still be there next season.

The Lee supporters were up in arms at the beginning of the year, and then Martinez went 5-0 and became a Heisman candidate. Then he lost, and the Lee supporters were back. Then he won again, and Martinez was a Heisman candidate again. Then he and Lee got hurt, and since Martinez was the last guy we saw struggle, he's currently the villain.

It's all reactionary and shallow. The truth is, none of our QBs are very good right now, Lee included, but given the direction of our offense, Martinez was the best fit. I do believe that. I have no problem with Pelini/Watson's decision to go with Martinez. I have a problem with the scheme that they have constructed around him. They have work to do to build a scheme that exploits our strengths on the offensive side of the ball.

The Lee supporters were up in arms at the beginning of the year, and then Martinez went 5-0 and became a Heisman candidate. Then he lost, and the Lee supporters were back. Then he won again, and Martinez was a Heisman candidate again. Then he and Lee got hurt, and since Martinez was the last guy we saw struggle, he's currently the villain.

It's all reactionary and shallow. The truth is, none of our QBs are very good right now, Lee included, but given the direction of our offense, Martinez was the best fit. I do believe that. I have no problem with Pelini/Watson's decision to go with Martinez. I have a problem with the scheme that they have constructed around him. They have work to do to build a scheme that exploits our strengths on the offensive side of the ball.

Well that's another reason why analysis after the season may be more objective and valid. I don't understand the "direction of the offense/program" comments. I can believe that Bo wants a more mobile quarterback, but his main job should be to put the team in the best position to win. While Martinez may have been the best fit for Bo's ideal offense, I tend to think that Lee would have put the team in the best position to win.

Does anybody else find it completely bizarre that Zac Lee sat on the sidelines all season, when it seemed like he was exactly what the Huskers needed in close games/losses? I understand that he wasn't the best passer or lighting fast, but I think that with two quality running backs and a legitimate passing threat, Nebraska really could have kept opponents on their toes this season. Martinez had success early, but he was exposed. Presumably, being a senior, Lee would have had a better grasp of the playbook and more experience with reading defenses, audibles, more patience in the pocket/decision making, etc. These are things that KILLED the offense this year (problems that were exacerbated by an inconsistent and often inept o-line). Do people actually believe that Martinez and Green were the best overall quarterbacks this last season?

Only people that know and understand football do.

He did more with a throwing arm at 20% than Martinez did when healthy. He just wasn't Pelini's boy.

Zoogies - Lee got hurt in the first quarter at Va. Tech, but played the rest of the year with 20% in his throwing arm.

• Fire 1

He did more with a throwing arm at 20% than Martinez did when healthy. He just wasn't Pelini's boy.

Zoogies - Lee got hurt in the first quarter at Va. Tech, but played the rest of the year with 20% in his throwing arm.

Zoogies is talking about this season. Zac apparently injured his throwing hand in the Mizzou game. I say 'apparently' because we never get a straight answer from this coaching staff when it comes to injuries.

Zoogies is talking about this season. Zac apparently injured his throwing hand in the Mizzou game. I say 'apparently' because we never get a straight answer from this coaching staff when it comes to injuries.

Mizzou game he dinged it and the following week in practice he whacked it pretty good.