vince you must be on the team, seasons over and your on here ALOT...hardly at all during the season...just saying

Vince from ShamWOW = Cody Green from Nebraska.

I'm a little too old to be a player.

During the season I was hunting various big game animals in a few different states.

Ok thanks for clearing that up.... but your right about Cody, I think the team responds to him better.

vince you must be on the team, seasons over and your on here ALOT...hardly at all during the season...just saying

During the season I was hunting various big game animals in a few different states.

Ok thanks for clearing that up.... but your right about Cody, I think the team responds to him better.

ya i really think they got up for that game to help cody.

I'm gonna say 7-5 or 8-4, I won't go any higher than that!

I'm with you there, 8 - 4, if we are lucky. Defense will be better to handle the run, but the losses in the secondary will show and that is how we will give up points. If the same offense comes out again in 2011 and no backup plan or a very bad backup plan played out when whoever the starting QB goes down or can't perform well, 8 - 4 is the best we will have.

Losses will be to Wisconsin, Northwestern, Ohio State, either Penn State/Michigan/Iowa.

ya i really think they got up for that game to help cody.

He seems like a really nice kid.

I think we will battle for a 9-win season next year. It would be good, if we got it.

There are reasons completely aside from schedule to not be optimistic.

Teams have the stars align and make runs every once in a while, based on their roster. For us, and I think most saw this even when Bo was hired, this was the year. This was our run to the top. Maybe not title run, but that was certainly within reach if we played out of our minds.

Instead we completely collapsed. Even after the ATM loss, we had a chance to finish as a 12-2 BCS team. But the end of the year saw all of our problems rear their head at once and set the tone about this team. 2010, Nebraska's "run" year, would end in collapse and bitter disappointment, rather than punctuate our rise up the ladder with an orange bowl win.

Now? It is 2008 again. We have to pick up the pieces. We are probably going to see some changes made. We have to re-set, as fans, our expectations We have a really promising class in the works that hopefully we will hold onto. But we lose a lot of players, a lot of experience, and a lot of the team's backbone. Everyone circle 2013 on the calendar. That's our next 2010.

1. Cody's a great guy, but I'm guessing the fact that the team got up for Colorado had more to do with the fact that the division championship was on the line, and I'm guessing the reason the team looked so good has to do with the fact that Colorado blows.

2. Zoogies, it's not 2008 again. In 2007, we were 5-7, we had just lost a game by two TDs despite scoring 51 points, and we were changing coaching staffs.

I guess everybody is going to be down since the most recent game in memory was a clunker, and because we lost 3 of our last 4... But the loss against Texas A&M should not have been a loss. We were then one field goal away from overtime in the Big 12 championship, one touchdown away from a BCS win over UConn. We then lost a game that nobody gave a damn about because of the rarest of circumstances, a rematch against a team we already beat by 35 points in the same bowl game that we were in last year, after our season goals had just slipped through our fingers.

HEY HUSKERNATION - Get your heads up! There's plenty that Nebraska needs to get better at, but this team is returning plenty of talent on defense including Dennard, David, Compton, Fisher, Meredith, Steinkuhler, hopefully Crick, Osborne, Cassidy, Ciante Evans... We're loaded on that side of the ball! On offense, we return tough as nails running back Rex Burkhead, along with the most successful freshman QB in Nebraska football history. We need playmakers to step up at WR, and we need some leaders and some ballers to step up on the o-line. But we're going to be better than some people on this board are acting like...

im kinda interested how our B12 guys do in the B10... i mean we will bring a team in unlike any other in the b10.. we will have our strengths and our weaknesses... it will be interesting to see how teams prep for us and how we exploit our speed against the b10 guys.... i think that will be a key to how our season goes... who knows.. nobody might be able to figure us out and our first year we strorm in and destroy... causing a massive recruiting shift in big10 land (doubtful but one can dream) or we crash and burn and what made us succesful (used loosely at times) doesnt play at all in the big 10 and we suck rooster balls......