NU vs KU

Ballgame. KU makes the clutch free throws, Nebraska doesn't. Fundamentals again.

Nebraska missed a ton of opportunities, they gave it to them. Ku didnt win the game, Nebraska lost it. We had 10 point lead and blew. They played hard, but sometimes thats not good enough.

Free throws, boxing out, dumb fouls, not playing aggressively in the paint - that's how we lost the game. Just fundamentals.

You find me a flawless played game against a much better opponent on any level of basketball and ill show you a check. Btw I forgot to mention it was on the road, where noone beats ku.

Ballgame. KU makes the clutch free throws, Nebraska doesn't. Fundamentals again.

Nebraska missed a ton of opportunities, they gave it to them. Ku didnt win the game, Nebraska lost it. We had 10 point lead and blew. They played hard, but sometimes thats not good enough.

Holy cow you would think that our basketball team has 20 rings the expectations you have. We played what will probably be the #1 team to the wire. Talent plays a factor. We shot our self on the foot a few times but my god tell me the last time you saw a team play a mistake free game. The things that the morris twins can do, the dunks,putbacks, noone our squad can do the athletic crap they pull off. Take a step back and recognize that this mediocre basketball program for the past 5 years could have done like years past when Kansas took a 6 point lead with nearly 5 min left and conceded a total melt down and blowout. But they fought back and worked to give themselves a chance.

I really dont have that high of expectations........ Im just saying we left a lot of points/chances on the board. Im not saying they played bad, but its alittle disheartening playing a great team like KU down to wire and being beat not because KU played great, but barely losing because KU didnt play very good.

Free throws, boxing out, dumb fouls, not playing aggressively in the paint - that's how we lost the game. Just fundamentals.

You find me a flawless played game against a much better opponent on any level of basketball and ill show you a check. Btw I forgot to mention it was on the road, where noone beats ku.

Ok, but we didn't lose today because Kansas is a much better opponent, and we didn't lose today because it was on the road. We lost today because we made stupid mistakes like not boxing out, something that kids are taught in basketball when they're 8 years old. We lost because not because our big men don't play hard, I'm sure they do - they just don't understand how to play aggressively.

I'll be the first to admit that right now, Nebraska looks like it has its best team in years. But that doesn't mean that the reason we blew the game today doens't come down to really silly mistakes.

Ok, but we didn't lose today because Kansas is a much better opponent, and we didn't lose today because it was on the road. We lost today because we made stupid mistakes like not boxing out, something that kids are taught in basketball when they're 8 years old. We lost because not because our big men don't play hard, I'm sure they do - they just don't understand how to play aggressively.

I'll be the first to admit that right now, Nebraska looks like it has its best team in years. But that doesn't mean that the reason we blew the game today doens't come down to really silly mistakes.

yes definitely agree. their are no moral victories. Doc prob is telling his guys the samething.

Holy cow you would think that our basketball team has 20 rings the expectations you have. We played what will probably be the #1 team to the wire. Talent plays a factor. We shot our self on the foot a few times but my god tell me the last time you saw a team play a mistake free game. The things that the morris twins can do, the dunks,putbacks, noone our squad can do the athletic crap they pull off. Take a step back and recognize that this mediocre basketball program for the past 5 years could have done like years past when Kansas took a 6 point lead with nearly 5 min left and conceded a total melt down and blowout. But they fought back and worked to give themselves a chance.

I'm not buying the "talent" argument, at least from watching the game today. I didn't see any individual on KU just dominate us whenever he wanted to, like what normally has happened in the past. It's not that our big men are "less talented," it's that they just don't know what it takes.

Yes that was probably the main reason we lost today. After their 4 staright FG's of dunks the place was electric. After the 3 that should have went out of bounds but they hustled to the ball, twice, the place was electric. Kansas NEVER losses at home. Also boxing out is an issue but they have two potential all-americans, we cant stop them all game long. But fundamentals wasnt really the really the reason we lost the game. We played a very smart ball game and made Kansas play to our tempo. They are just a very good team that made us make some mistakes like all great teams do. We are a fairly good team that can be very good if we play to our strengths and make shots.

I'm not buying the "talent" argument, at least from watching the game today. I didn't see any individual on KU just dominate us whenever he wanted to, like what normally has happened in the past. It's not that our big men are "less talented," it's that they just don't know what it takes.

Once again I disagree. There is no doubt in my mind that the Morris twins are 5x better and more talented than Diaz and Almeida. The reason we shut them down in the first half was because we got help on them and closed out on rotations. In the second half the twins and Robinson dunked at will on them. They constantly blocked Diaz and pushed him around like he was a high-schooler out there.

Once again I disagree. There is no doubt in my mind that the Morris twins are 5x better and more talented than Diaz and Almeida. The reason we shut them down in the first half was because we got help on them and closed out on rotations. In the second half the twins and Robinson dunked at will on them. They constantly blocked Diaz and pushed him around like he was a high-schooler out there.

Diaz doesn't get pushed around because he's "less talented." He gets pushed around because he doesn't know how to push back. It's not a matter of talent, in my opinion, it's a matter of mindset.

Diaz doesn't get pushed around because he's "less talented." He gets pushed around because he doesn't know how to push back. It's not a matter of talent, in my opinion, it's a matter of mindset.

Diaz got pushed around because he is nowhere as strong as the Morris twins or Robinson. But I do agree that his mindset isnt right, he needs to play angry.

If so - that's 99.8% coaching.