NU vs KU

In a short period of time Diaz was 0 - 4 when he should have been 4 - 4. Why does he play so small?

I agree with the guy that said it was a mindset. Almeida has the mindset. Just lacks the experience. As he gets more fit and more experience he will develop into a beast. Diaz just seems to lack that killer's edge. You talk about swagger. Kansas has it. Them dunks were with major authority, and exhibition of pure intensity. What is it about our basketball that they can never exude that type of emotion. I just wanna see Diaz start pushing back, take balls up like a man under the basket, no more of this la dee da crap and hook shots. Turn, maybe pull and up and under move or two, but the damn ball straight up. And when you have a chance to put your fingers around the rim DO IT. Take advantage of a momentum grabber, instead of this layup crap. There. My rant is over. For the record, I was fumigating as i was typing this.

Diaz is the most frustrating Husker hoops player I have seen for a long time. He has length and a decent touch, but he lacks explosiveness in a big way. Part of that may have to do with his lack of aggression but I dont think so... I don't think I have seen him jump higher than 6 inches off the ground. GET PISSED! DO SOMETHING...

not to mention the fact that he looks like he sh!ts a brick every time the game is in the balance.

Diaz doesn't get pushed around because he's "less talented." He gets pushed around because he doesn't know how to push back. It's not a matter of talent, in my opinion, it's a matter of mindset.

If so - that's 99.8% coaching.

Could not disagree more. You obviously have never watched a Nebraska basketball practice. These coaches AND players have tried just about everything to get Diaz to be physical. It's simply not his personality and he is refusing to change. Do NOT blame that on the coaching, because that is unfairly criticizing every single Nebraska coach while at the same time letting Diaz off way too easy.

Diaz doesn't get pushed around because he's "less talented." He gets pushed around because he doesn't know how to push back. It's not a matter of talent, in my opinion, it's a matter of mindset.

If so - that's 99.8% coaching.

Could not disagree more. You obviously have never watched a Nebraska basketball practice. These coaches AND players have tried just about everything to get Diaz to be physical. It's simply not his personality and he is refusing to change. Do NOT blame that on the coaching, because that is unfairly criticizing every single Nebraska coach while at the same time letting Diaz off way too easy.

I have to agree with this fella. I see players all over the court beginning to respond to Doc's fire. He's the Bo of the hardwood. He did an excellent job saturday. As much as Kansas had Nebraska in the talent aspect (YES THEY DID, DONT KID YOURSELF), Doc made up for that by outcoaching Bill Self. Little by little he's getting more and more out of his players.