Nations 10 Impact Freshmen

Logan Ehlers, Nebraska

The Huskers are in desperate need of a successful season, and the addition of Ehlers makes that more possible. Ehlers was drafted in the eighth round by the Blue Jays last summer, and many believed he would sign by the deadline. Instead, Ehlers decided to stay firm on his commitment to the Huskers. Ehlers gives the Huskers a front-line arm to build off this spring. Ehlers has a good frame, a good fastball and a solid curveball and slider. Look for the left-hander to make an immediate impact.

As a bunch are expecting, Ehlers has the potential to help turn the staff around.. Just too bad some of those from last year didn't come back for another year...

Freshmen looking for big results

Logan Ehlers, Nebraska

The Huskers are in desperate need of a successful season, and the addition of Ehlers makes that more possible. Ehlers was drafted in the eighth round by the Blue Jays last summer, and many believed he would sign by the deadline. Instead, Ehlers decided to stay firm on his commitment to the Huskers. Ehlers gives the Huskers a front-line arm to build off this spring. Ehlers has a good frame, a good fastball and a solid curveball and slider. Look for the left-hander to make an immediate impact.

As a bunch are expecting, Ehlers has the potential to help turn the staff around.. Just too bad some of those from last year didn't come back for another year...

Freshmen looking for big results

I do remember having high hopes this time last year...only to have those hopes dashed. I was really frustrated with Nesseth, until I found out he was pitching with an arm that required Tommy John surgery. To me, that was the big loss last year. We really needed Nesseth to be good last year. Hughes had as much ability as any pitcher we had...just couldn't throw strikes. As I have said before, we have 4 Freshman that i think will have an impact this year on the bump; Ehlers, Pierce, Keller, King.

• Fire 1

I am looking forward to baseball to start. I do not have high hopes for the team but i really hope they at least make it to the CC tourny. 2 years not making it is ridiculous. If they do not make it then coach HAS to go. Maybe Erstad can step in and get us back to a perennial top 20 program. But nonetheless i love going to the park to watch games. Just looking for competitiveness.

There is definitely a chance that it will be our strong suit.. Depending how the rotation ends up developing it could be good. I don't want to get my hopes up too early because it just results i a let down, but it definitely could be very good. If Ehlers is a good as advertised mixed in with Lemke it will interesting to see what happens with the other weekend starter. Hauptman is obviously a candidate, but he did finish last year in a closing role and could be in that role if a Yost or Niederkline steps up into the rotation.

There is definitely a chance that it will be our strong suit.. Depending how the rotation ends up developing it could be good. I don't want to get my hopes up too early because it just results i a let down, but it definitely could be very good. If Ehlers is a good as advertised mixed in with Lemke it will interesting to see what happens with the other weekend starter. Hauptman is obviously a candidate, but he did finish last year in a closing role and could be in that role if a Yost or Niederkline steps up into the rotation.

First two weekends of season will be an Audition for the weekend rotation. Each of the first two weekends we play 4 games. What does this mean, the audition will result in a 3 man rotation vs. UCLA on March 4-6. I will be at that series...can't wait. Want to see if we are good enough to compete with the big boys. Don't have to win that series, but need to win one game and be competitive in all!!!

First two weekends of season will be an Audition for the weekend rotation. Each of the first two weekends we play 4 games. What does this mean, the audition will result in a 3 man rotation vs. UCLA on March 4-6. I will be at that series...can't wait. Want to see if we are good enough to compete with the big boys. Don't have to win that series, but need to win one game and be competitive in all!!!

Cole and Bauer absolutely shut us down last year, hopefully we can rough em up this year! :koolaid2:

The link below is a 2 minute podcast interview with Coach Anderson following game 1 of the Red & White game last October. Coach Anders singles out one player during this 2 minute interview, Brandon Pierce. Said that come March, baseball fans up here will know who Brandon Pierce is.

I found this via a cool new feature on the huskers.com baseball website. When I clicked the link to go to schedule/results I saw at the top of the page a new feature that allows you to click on most recent game completed. This is a link to the recap and boxscore. That is when I noticed the podcast of the interview. Anyways, thought was cool and wanted to share Coach Anderson's sentiments regarding Brandon Pierce.

http://www.huskers.com/downloads2/390500.mp3?ATCLID=205011888&SPSID=101&SPID=33&DB_OEM_ID=100

I'll be there also.. and while I think the 3 we see run out there that series are the best at that time, I'm not completely sold that they will be the ones out there come the Tech series, nor am I convinced those will be the 3 that are out there in the Mizzou series.. I hope they are the same 3.. and because they are great, not the 3 best we have.