Probound Sports Pre Draft Bowl Game

knapplc

Probound Sports will hold our inaugural PRE DRAFT BOWL GAME on March 26, 2011 at War Memorial Stadium, Little Rock, Arkansas. PROBOUND SPORTS PRE DRAFT BOWL is an invitation only football game that is for collegiate and pro caliber football players that are hoping to get drafted into the pro ranks.

Invited players will get the chance to perform in an all-star game in front of General Managers, Scouts, and representatives from the (NFL) National Football League, (UFL) United Football League, (CFL) Canadian Football League, and (AFL) Arena Football Leagues. This will be a nationally televised game shown on a major network.

LINK

Why do we care? Check out the West Team roster:

QB STEVEN SHEFFIELD 6'4" 197IBS

TEXAS TECH

HOMETOWN: Austin, Texas

QB ZAC LEE 6'2" 215IBS

UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA

HOMETOWN: San Fransico, California

OG MAURICE MEARS

6'4" 295lBS

UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO

HOMETOWN: Miami, Florida

OG ESTEBAN SANTIAGO

6'3" 320lBS

UNIVERSTIY OF NORTH TEXAS

HOMETOWN: El Paso, Texas

WR TYSSON POOTS 6'3" 220IBS

SOUTHERN UTAH UNIVERSITY

HOMETOWN: Las Vegas, Nevada

WR DERRICK JONES 6'1" 195IBS

CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY OF PENN

HOMETOWN: Lynwood, California

WR TRAVON PATTERSON 5'9" 175IBS

UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO

HOMETOWN: Long Beach, California

WR DEMARIO BALLARD 6'7" 220IBS

WESTERN OREGON

HOMETOWN: Thomson, Georgia

WR JAMAAL JACKSON

5'10" 170lBS

NORTH TEXAS

HOMETOWN: Amite, LA

Defense

SS MAX TABACH 6'2" 208IBS

ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY

HOMETOWN: Scottsdale, Arizona

LB DOZIE AMAJOYI 6'1" 245IBS

UNIVERSITY OF CAL DAVIS

HOMETOWN: San Bernardino,California

S RICKEY THENARSE 6'0" 210IBS

UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA

HOMETOWN: Los Angeles, California

DE KENNETH CHARLES

6'3" 266lBS

STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

HOMETOWN: Missouri City, Texas

OLB CRAIG ROBERTSON

6'1" 229lBS

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS

HOMETOWN: Stafford, Texas

FS TREVOR FOSTER

6'0' 205lBS

UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA

HOMETOWN: Ontario, California

DS CODY BROWN

6'0" 235lBS

ABILENE CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY

HOMETOWN: Abilene, Texas

SS JORDAN LAKE

6'1" 235lBS

BAYLOR UNIVERSITY

HOMETOWN: Houstonl, Texas

We all know Zac and Rickey can do it. We just need them to show these scouts.

EDIT - They seriously need to hook Gomes up with an invite. I can't believe he hasn't gotten a call from any of these bowls.

Agreed, the Gomes "snub" just doesnt make sence to me. He was a stud for us the 2 seasons. A ballhawk and a playmaker, he will make a roster at the next level.

March 26th????????????????????????????????? Can't believe anyone will care. That's roughly a week to 10 days before we start playing golf here in SD. Again, March 26th?????????????????????????????

T_O_B

:facepalm::bigredn::facepalm:

you have to be joking...youre telling me you wont watch football then? it may be a sham of a game, but its still football, with players we all follow...in march...on TV.

• Fire 2

March 26th????????????????????????????????? Can't believe anyone will care. That's roughly a week to 10 days before we start playing golf here in SD. Again, March 26th?????????????????????????????

T_O_B

:facepalm::bigredn::facepalm:

you have to be joking...youre telling me you wont watch football then? it may be a sham of a game, but its still football, with players we all follow...in march...on TV.

I know and I will probably watch but I am a huge traditionalist and I totally believe the last (other than all star games) college football games of the year should be played on New Years Day. I think the BCS has ruined the end of the college football season. For the Sham National Championship game to be played on January 10th, a Monday night no less is a load of guano. The "need" for a National Championship Game is a figment in the minds of ESPN and Sports Talk Radio. In 1997 we 'shared the National Championship with Michigan. To this day I still have a great 'over a couple beers debates' with a friend who is a Michigan fan and the New Years Day house parties are no where near as much fun. But to get back to a game on March 26th. Its just too late in the year. All sports seasons go far too long. We are heading for World Series games being played on Thanksgiving. NBA Finals games on the Fourth of July. May Madness. And the Super Bowl on Easter Sunday. Its just too long.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

Kind of funny seeing people so shocked about football in March. At least the all star game variety.

I had been looking up Huskers who have played in all star/senior games and came across a couple examples of all star games played in the Summer.

Coaches All-America Game, 1961-1976: Played in JUNE. apparently the only reason they stopped was because by that time the participants had already joined their NFL clubs. which is what probably also led to the end of...

The College All Star Game, 1934-1976: an college all star team vs the winner of the NFL championship. Game was played in July/August.

Devaney and the Husker staff coached vs the Cowboys in 1972. Maybe many of you remember this but the whole concept of this type of game isn't even imaginable to me.

Why March, I don't know. But its got to be a better start than the "Dixie" game pretending they could have played in the middle of college pbowl season.

i agree with ya knapplc, but the more i think about it...numbers are numbers. we have to at some point remove our fan bias from some of these guys and accept that theyre just not gonna make it. we had what, 6 guys at the senior bowl? simply being there doesnt guarantee you squat. if all 6 get drafted ill hump bevo. is gomes better/more likely to get drafted than any of those guys? hard to say. if i had to lay money on who actually sticks, makes a roster going into next year (if there is a next year, that plays into a lot of teams draft strategies as well. ive been wondering if this wont hurt alex henery being drafted) gomes would be up there, but in a draftable, numbers sense, the guy just doesnt fit anywhere. he doesnt 'own' a position, and he's truly not elite enough to warrant a pick simply on his crazy physical prowess. he's gonna have to hope to pick the right free agent contract to sign, pray there is no lockout, and have a flawless camp showing he can hold up a spot on special teams while they take the time to turn him into a true NFL safety or whatever.

and i'd watch this game if you ever want to see ricky thenarse or zac lee play on live television again.