Ross Els to meet with Bo today about LB position.

If Bo and Doug had known that Ekler was going to leave after the 2010, Doug would have stayed here at least one more year. He and his wife were making all of the preperations to make a go of it for one more year on a interns stipend. When the job became available at Tulane Bo told Bob Toledo to hire Doug, he also told Doug to take the job, even though New Orleans was not one of the top places on their list to move to. This had a couple of things going on to it, one to actually have Doug listed as a member of a coaching staff to add to his resume, two this was also done with the full intention of bringing Doug back when a staff postion became available.

Now if Bo has changed his mind on keeping his word, bad on him. If Doug has changed his mind and does not want to come back there are some other reasons for doing so.

I personally hope Doug does come back, not only could he work with the linebackers, he could also work with special teams as Doug was very good at it during his pro career and would have great input. I also think Doug would make a far better person for recruiting than Els, not only his East Coast connections, just his overall style.

And lastly, he needs to stop by and pick up his daughters gold fish, my wife and I are getting tired of cleaning a fish tank.

Els is going to be the guy. They aren't bringing him in for an interview for nothing. If he's come to Lincoln (not sure if that's true) the job is his.

Other coaches have been brought in, quietly. Does not mean much.

But Els, among a couple other guys, are the leaders of the pack.

JMO about Els - you spend 20 years in coaching, and the highest level you coach at is New Mexico State and Ohio? Do. Not. Want.

Give me the young, energetic and go-getting Doug Colman. Would rather take a chance on a young coach, than a guy who has been around and barely moved up in the coaching world.

I'm not advocating for Els or Colman. Just telling you what I heard.

I must say, I appreciate the attention you give my posts. It's nice to have such a dedicated fan. ;)

I must say, I appreciate the attention you give my posts. It's nice to have such a dedicated fan. ;)

Only first part of my post was directed towards you. Rest was opinion.

But I know it is funny that I usually respond to you. But I have yet to meet someone as routinely wrong as you are. :o

;)

I'm not advocating for anyone, so it's whatever to me. But from an observational standpoint as it pertains to recruiting, Colman's ties to the NY/NJ territory would be beneficial with our move to the Big Ten. I'd like to see us hitting that market up again like we used to back in the Osborne era.

Tom kind of went in spurts in NJ. Early 80's, early 90's. Mostly Camden.

Irving Fryar

Paul Miles

Guy Rozier

Mike Rozier

Jeff Mills

Troy Branch

Colman

C. Peter

J. Peter

Also, going back through Tom's class - it amazes me how many kids from NE are in those classes. Almost 70% of the classes in the 80's were nebraska kids. 50% or more through the 90's. A lot of poeple talk about the walk on tradition, and how it was the Nebraska walk-ons who dreamed of playing for NU that pushed the team. I think Tom's nebraska recruiting gets overlooked. He had a lot of NE scholarship players on the team during his glory years.

He'd also recruit heavily in upper midwest for a couple years (MO, IA, IL, NJ), then you'd see a dramatic shift to the south (TX,LA) the next few years.

But I know it is funny that I usually respond to you. But I have yet to meet someone as routinely wrong as you are. :o

;)

pwned.jpeg

;)

You should invest in a mirror.

;)