WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN

I don't know about you, but 2 TD's in the red zone in OT kind of gave me confidence that these guys can score.

when Taylor fumbled late in the game, I hate to say it, but I was almost certain we'd lose.

even if the D held at the end (which of course they did), i didn't think there was ANY way we could win in OT. we've had trouble scoring from the 5 yard line, much less the 25! but they picked it up when it mattered and we're still undefeated in OT.

This team played with Heart the entire game but maybe in future red zone chances, they don't just need that heart but a sense of urgency as well. the added do-or-die mentality in the red zone chances in OT made them unstoppable down there.

we could have won this game by about 3 TDs had they played with that mentality inside the 20 the entire game. it'd be nice to see that 5th gear EVERY time they reach the red zone...

I think we have a better chance of scoring if we are 15-25 yds out insted of inside the 5. That spreads the field more for us. BC seemes determined to get passing td's even when we are inside the 5. Like the announcers said during the game we need a little old NU football when we are inside the five.

I think we have a better chance of scoring if we are 15-25 yds out insted of inside the 5. That spreads the field more for us. BC seemes determined to get passing td's even when we are inside the 5. Like the announcers said during the game we need a little old NU football when we are inside the five.

:yeah

On the flipside, if you run the ball in the 5, EVERYONE is in the box.

I think if you are going to pass it needs to be a bootleg, or other play action call and a quick delivery. OR running a counter of some sort out of the right formation.

I think we have a better chance of scoring if we are 15-25 yds out insted of inside the 5.  That spreads the field more for us.  BC seemes determined to get passing td's even when we are inside the 5.  Like the announcers said during the game we need a little old NU football when we are inside the five.

On the flipside, if you run the ball in the 5, EVERYONE is in the box.

I think if you are going to pass it needs to be a bootleg, or other play action call and a quick delivery. OR running a counter of some sort out of the right formation.

At the same time, if we start pounding the ball by rushing it, we will become predictable and every team will start putting 8 and 9 guys in the box. It's better to work on getting the ball in through the air right now and work on punching it in later.

What's wrong with a team saying this is what we are going to do, stepping up and being determined to run the ball down their throat from inside the five. I've seen many teams on saturdays bound the ball in from short and goal. OU doesn't have a problem, CU, CSU, Texas. Scoring when your close is a necessity to become successful. It has already been proven that NU hasn't been able to throw the ball from close. This could be due to poor play calling, lack of execution, or the players just not catching the ball. We have the personell to do it. Those missed opportunities at points or settling for 3 instead of 7 are going to hurt us one of these days.