ESPN Q&A with Tom Osborne

knapplc

What people really miss on is how Tom and Bo are exactly the same with the press. Neither give/gave the press anything. The differences come at how they did it. Tom did it with being highly available and saying nothing while using alot of words making the press think he was really giving them something when he wasn't. Bo does it by not being available and using very few words. Both are doing the same thing in very opposite ways, and i'd have to say myself and most people would prefer TO over Bo in that regard. But all in all, they are donig the same thing!

couple things:

its hard to say how the relationship between devaney/tom and tom/bo is any different. faaarrr less media back then.

quote that caught my eye that relates to this:

We're certainly a very strong program, but you always feel like there's room for improvement. I'm sure coach is working hard to do that.

knapplc is likely on espns jock because, if you go to the front page of college football at espn.com, Nebraska is the front page story with 4 or 5 links. big giant Nebraska flag waving.

and the biggest one:

no longer can the university give all student-athletes tickets to the football/basketball games. this may sound like a small thing, but i think its huge. one less benefit of being a student-athlete at nebraska. takes a lot of the camaraderie of being a student-athlete at nebraska away. i dont think this can be simply tossed aside as not a big deal, especially since its one of the first differences Dr Tom himself points out.

on the other hand, this should open up some season ticket spots. :dunno

no longer can the university give all student-athletes tickets to the football/basketball games. this may sound like a small thing, but i think its huge. one less benefit of being a student-athlete at nebraska. takes a lot of the camaraderie of being a student-athlete at nebraska away. i dont think this can be simply tossed aside as not a big deal, especially since its one of the first differences Dr Tom himself points out.

I agree with this, the students brought some excitement and some times the energy to the game when we needed it the most. I can't fathom why they would take away this from the students.

I agree with this, the students brought some excitement and some times the energy to the game when we needed it the most. I can't fathom why they would take away this from the students.

Hold on a second, the "student-athlete section" is different from the "student section." The "student section," gets there early to get seats, stand up for the entire game, and they scream their faces off. The "student-athlete section," is south stadium and is roped off from the rest of the student section, they do not stand up, and they don't contribute much noise.