Bo and the Media

I know this is probably beating a dead reporter...I mean horse, but I live in Missouri and do not have an opportunity to listen to much Huskers media live. I download podcasts and listen to Huskers on the internet. I was sooooo looking forward to listening to the Pelini teleconference, and then, later, signing day podcasts---especially after coming through with Peat, Jackson, Starling, Green, Turner and numerous other recruits. Unfortunately, right before the teleconference, the "cat was let out of the bag" regarding the situation with the defensive backs and the possible news that Marvin Sanders would not be back with the team. Immediately, the press's focus completely shifted from the GREAT recruiting class to going after Pelini regarding the coaching situation. In my opinion, Pelini was somewhat blindsided by the whole situation. The press just WOULD NOT let it go. To me, the press, not Bo Pelini, absolutely ruined signing day. That line of thought was evident in several of the subsequent podcasts. How Bo lost trust. How Bo was a PR nightmare. How Bo would start losing recruits, etc. etc. The were only a couple media people that seemed to stand up a little bit for Bo. Seems like they were the only ones that would say: "We don't know the whole situation." or "Bo couldn't tell people what was happening with the coaches for various reasons' (paraphrased). Anyway....the only thing I ended up enjoying about the whole day and subsequent podcasts was when someone actually talked to the recruits. I absolutely was appalled at how most of the media dwelt on Bo and NOT the recruits. Does anyone else feel that the press could have focused alot more on the recruits on signing day? That was what about 90% of the fans cared about on THAT day. Subsequent days and weeks would have been the time to go after the coaching situation. Anyway....my two cents worth.

I know this is probably beating a dead reporter...I mean horse, but I live in Missouri and do not have an opportunity to listen to much Huskers media live. I download podcasts and listen to Huskers on the internet. I was sooooo looking forward to listening to the Pelini teleconference, and then, later, signing day podcasts---especially after coming through with Peat, Jackson, Starling, Green, Turner and numerous other recruits. Unfortunately, right before the teleconference, the "cat was let out of the bag" regarding the situation with the defensive backs and the possible news that Marvin Sanders would not be back with the team. Immediately, the press's focus completely shifted from the GREAT recruiting class to going after Pelini regarding the coaching situation. In my opinion, Pelini was somewhat blindsided by the whole situation. The press just WOULD NOT let it go. To me, the press, not Bo Pelini, absolutely ruined signing day. That line of thought was evident in several of the subsequent podcasts. How Bo lost trust. How Bo was a PR nightmare. How Bo would start losing recruits, etc. etc. The were only a couple media people that seemed to stand up a little bit for Bo. Seems like they were the only ones that would say: "We don't know the whole situation." or "Bo couldn't tell people what was happening with the coaches for various reasons' (paraphrased). Anyway....the only thing I ended up enjoying about the whole day and subsequent podcasts was when someone actually talked to the recruits. I absolutely was appalled at how most of the media dwelt on Bo and NOT the recruits. Does anyone else feel that the press could have focused alot more on the recruits on signing day? That was what about 90% of the fans cared about on THAT day. Subsequent days and weeks would have been the time to go after the coaching situation. Anyway....my two cents worth.

OMG! this has been beat to death...mods plz lock this thread! :facepalm: