Announcers

Did anyone notice how horrible the announcers were today. I know somebody mentioned in another thread how ABC skipped the A and B lists but I didn't expect to get the D list. These guys were constantly calling the wrong players, fumbling through their words, and just being a nuisance. I enjoyed Bowdens enthusiasm but he would start incessantly rambling about something and wouldn't beabe to find the right words to spit out.

Did anyone elses game keep cutting out. In Denver my tv would cut out for a few seconds. It did that about a dozen times throughout the game. My brother across town said it did it to him to. I don't know if it was a local thing or it happened to everyone else. It really sucked when there was a big play going on. I don't pay high dollar for digital cable to have it cut out during an important moment.

Did anyone notice how horrible the announcers were today. I know somebody mentioned in another thread how ABC skipped the A and B lists but I didn't expect to get the D list. These guys were constantly calling the wrong players, fumbling through their words, and just being a nuisance. I enjoyed Bowdens enthusiasm but he would start incessantly rambling about something and wouldn't beabe to find the right words to spit out.

Did anyone elses game keep cutting out. In Denver my tv would cut out for a few seconds. It did that about a dozen times throughout the game. My brother across town said it did it to him to. I don't know if it was a local thing or it happened to everyone else. It really sucked when there was a big play going on. I don't pay high dollar for digital cable to have it cut out during an important moment.

Cut out for me a couple times as well. And yea, this musta been Bowden's first time doing color--or anything--but I liked him. Better than having that idiot from the Pitt game calling it.

Cut out for me a couple times as well. And yea, this musta been Bowden's first time doing color--or anything--but I liked him. Better than having that idiot from the Pitt game calling it.

My connection cut out quite a few times too but i was also watching the Denver station.

as for the announcers, they weren't great- but they were FAR better than Brent Pussberger IMO. HOW in the world is that guy one of ABC's top announcers?! is football broadcasting really that void of talent or do they all just work the NFL games?!

So far, Brent and his little sidekick (name?) are the ONLY announcers this year who didn't get McKeon's name right. :thumbs apparently the other guys actually did their homework and looked up the pronunciations in the media guide. of course we now know Brent apparently poors back a few :cheers as an alternative to doing his job so that's really not surprising.

the ISU game announcers fumbled words, misnamed players (mistaking Flu's #28 for Lucky's #20 for example)- and apparently we played Army last week?? among other infractions. but despite everything, they were still much easier to sit through than Brent and his crew.

Informal poll: honestly, the lesser of two evils here, who would rather have Brent "all conferences not called The Big 10 suck" Mussberger announcing games even over these guys?

Cut out for me a couple times as well.  And yea, this musta been Bowden's first time doing color--or anything--but I liked him.  Better than having that idiot from the Pitt game calling it.

My connection cut out quite a few times too but i was also watching the Denver station.

as for the announcers, they weren't great- but they were FAR better than Brent Pussberger IMO. HOW in the world is that guy one of ABC's top announcers?! is football broadcasting really that void of talent or do they all just work the NFL games?!

So far, Brent and his little sidekick (name?) are the ONLY announcers this year who didn't get McKeon's name right. :thumbs apparently the other guys actually did their homework and looked up the pronunciations in the media guide. of course we now know Brent apparently poors back a few :cheers as an alternative to doing his job so that's really not surprising.

the ISU game announcers fumbled words, misnamed players (mistaking Flu's #28 for Lucky's #20 for example)- and apparently we played Army last week?? among other infractions. but despite everything, they were still much easier to sit through than Brent and his crew.

Informal poll: honestly, the lesser of two evils here, who would rather have Brent "all conferences not called The Big 10 suck" Mussberger announcing games even over these guys?

Well I'd much rather have Bowden and whatever his name is. Bowden is acctualy entertaining to listen to.

Musberger and Danielson make me wanna throw punches. :steam I have never understood why they hate Nebraska so much. Those guys are complete douchebags. I didn't get a chance to hear Bowden and Punch, but I would rather listen to anyone over Mushroomberger and Danielson.

i really only like nessler and some of the espn announcers... bob davie does some good color commentating actually, and i really like the announcers on thursday nite espn games, but other than that... i would turn off the announcers and just listen to the stadium crowd noise if it was possible

Did anyone notice how horrible the announcers were today.  I know somebody mentioned in another thread how ABC skipped the A and B lists but I didn't expect to get the D list.  These guys were constantly calling the wrong players, fumbling through their words, and just being a nuisance.  I enjoyed Bowdens enthusiasm but he would start incessantly rambling about something and wouldn't beabe to find the right words to spit out. 

Did anyone elses game keep cutting out.  In Denver my tv would cut out for a few seconds.  It did that about a dozen times throughout the game.  My brother across town said it did it to him to.  I don't know if it was a local thing or it happened to everyone else.  It really sucked when there was a big play going on.  I don't pay high dollar for digital cable to have it cut out during an important moment.

you mean bent pussberger?

Yesterday's announcers weren't too bad, i was a little peeved when they defended the refs on that atrocious call of a late hit agains McKeon. According to them if a player looks like he's going out of bounds you can't hit him, even if he's still on the field. But did anyone else think it looked like Dr. Punch was sitting on Bowden's lap whenever they showed them in the booth? :lol:

Ike Ross and Wade Swift...

Who the hell ARE these guys??!!!?

Apparently they play for NU, according to the WORST announcers I've ever heard...

And the HUGE gap when by Bowden when we ate up ISU's RB...there was enough 'dead air' to shave and shower, until Bowden gave up and just called him "the running back." Did these guys even TRY to prep for the game? I mean crap, at least get our best player in Ross right!!! :steam

i really only like nessler and some of the espn announcers... bob davie does some good color commentating actually, and i really like the announcers on thursday nite espn games, but other than that... i would turn off the announcers and just listen to the stadium crowd noise if it was possible

i was watching a game a few years back which was the direct feed comming off the satalite (big Dish)

It had no announcers. If you ever get the chance to listen to a game like that i highly highly recommend it. It is so nice i is like you are there at the game. You hear the band kick up. You hear the crowd.

Man i wish it could be like that every week. I just hate all the anouncers.