Sipple: Tim Beck moves into pressure cooker

Nexus

Charlie McBride looks back and laughs at some of the haters.

The former Nebraska defensive coordinator (1982-99) recalls a loss to Washington during the early 1990s. An irate Husker fan called McBride's home. The caller didn't mince words. He said he was part of a group that wanted to buy out Charlie's contract, even if it required $1 million.

One of McBride's sons, David, in high school at the time, took the call.

"David told the guy, ‘A million dollars? I don't think it'll take that much,'" McBride recalls.

Continue Reading

Husker fans have a tendency to take things a little far. Generally speaking I do think we know when a coach needs to see the door, but sometimes I can't stand the way our fanbase acts. There is no reason to verbally abuse the family of coaches and players... just ridiculous.

Criticism is part of the job, I understand that. But sheesh, some people need to get a life. As if sending death threats to the coach is going to get him replaced?

Per Osborne, it all starts up front. Let's hope Cotton and Garrison can put together a line that minimizes penalties and sustains blocks. Then, we'll see some consistency on offense.

I wonder, though, even if we have the best offensive line and defensive line and win it all there is STILL going to be someone complaining about something (Why didn't Bo dress up for this game!?)lol There are just some people who like to complain. God love em! lol