Texas State students offer scholarships exclusively for white males

• 3 weeks later...

Oakland is in fact decorated that way all year.

Whatever. From my experience, most little midwestern towns aren't like this year round. I'll take your word. I'm sure that because of one pic that your provided, its that way year round. Since you are so fond of links: http://www.city-data.com/city/Oakland-Nebraska.html

At first, I couldn't tell if this was Oakland, or Stockholm :sarcasm Pretty much looks like I thought, and like I said. Small town, a few signs or flags here or there.

You seem offended by the culture itself . . . not just the less than half of Mexican-Americans living in Nebraska that are illegal.

How do they show disrespect to us?

How do they disrespect our culture?

What laws are they ignoring (beyond the misdemeanor of entering the US illegally? I also have a misdemeanor on my record . . . I entered the Fremont State Lakes recreation area on January 1 and I hadn't even thought about my permit being expired. Ice fishing can do strange things.)?

What sense of entitlement do they have? (Facts please. No broad claims about "they get welfare!" unless you can prove it.)

And no. You are quite wrong about immigrants from other cultures quickly assimilating into the "American" culture (whatever the hell that is.) They tended to settle in towns of people composed almost solely of immigrants from one country. Their teachers often even taught them in their native languages. Probably the most famous Supreme Court case out of Nebraska involved certain bigots (not unlike the ones I see today) who wanted to pass laws to prevent the teaching of German immigrants in their native language. Link here if you'd like to learn about Nebraska's decidedly un-proud legacy of intolerance. THIS is why I used to have a sig that said "Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it without a sense of ironic futility." It's the same thing . . . every generation. Only the direction of the bigotry changes.

This is why I cannot have a rational discussion with you. You talk in circles, I have provided you with examples of what is wrong with illegal immigrants, but you have ignored them. Maybe you should re-read everything I've written, and you would have your answers. I doubt that it would sink into your head, however. I don't have to provide a link to a picture, or a link to a news article to try to prove my point. I have a couple of things on my side, common sense and the truth. Everything you see on the internet is true, every pic, every article.......uh huh.

I lived in the depths of South Omaha for over 8 years, where there is a very high population of immigrants, Czechs, Poles, and Latinos. I worked construction with Latinos. I can't document everything with a link, I have real life experiences. Maybe if you would have listened or watched the news every now and then, you would have heard or seen the same stories I have. Maybe if you lived where I did and actually got to see what I have in real life, you would believe it. Thats find, I don't care, I don't need the internet world of links to "prove" anything. Bury your head in your legal study, and let reality pass you by, I could care less. I could tell you stories about illegals living 12 in a 2 BR house, or illegals that I worked with who spit on the American flag and told me that they were only here for a few years because of money, and they could give a F@&k about America, but dammit, I don't have a link for that. So sorry.

Not to be a dick, but one more thing: as far as illegals and their disrespect for us, our culture, our country, and their sense of entitlement, ummmmmm....THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY! WTF more do you need to get it through your thick skull that this is wrong, regardless of their nationality or their heritage. If you cannot see that, then as educated as you are, and as intelligent as you like to portray yourself, you have proven that you are just hot air. Get your nose out of the book and off the net, and experience life. You may just change your tune.

Hey, 74, do you dislike all those Europeans that came to North America and took land from the Native Americans? I mean, they came here and just took it. ILLEGALLY. They were immigrants who came here and took land from the Native Americans. ILLEGALLY.

I'm pretty sure those natives weren't too happy when a bunch of white guys came and took their land. ILLEGALLY.

But, hey, they were white. Let's cut 'em some slack, right?