Texas State students offer scholarships exclusively for white males

Sounds fine to me. At my place of employment, we have professional associations for black employees, Latinos, women, etc. but none for white employees. I know, I know, big business has always been the good ol’ white boy network. Whatever :wacko: .

Wasn’t it Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who wanted people to be judged upon their merits and not their skin color? Wasn’t it Rodney King (no relation, lol!) who wanted to know it we could “All just get along?” I believe it was Teddy Roosevelt who said that if immigrants come to America, yet don’t want to be Americans, it would be divisive. Why can’t we all just be Americans?

I know this is off topic, but I enjoy going to Mexico, I love Mexican food, I appreciate the Mexican culture. However, if Mexicans want to legally immigrate to the US, they should have to assimilate to our culture, not the other way around. What I mean is, not expecting signs to be printed in Spanish. Not being offended by Americans saying the Pledge of Allegiance, no being offended by seeing the American flag. Not expecting cops to speak their language. Not expecting students to be suspended if they wear an American flag shirt to school on May 5th. :rant

• Fire 2

***snip***

I know this is off topic, but I enjoy going to Mexico, I love Mexican food, I appreciate the Mexican culture. However, if Mexicans want to legally immigrate to the US, they should have to assimilate to our culture, not the other way around. What I mean is, not expecting signs to be printed in Spanish. Not being offended by Americans saying the Pledge of Allegiance, no being offended by seeing the American flag. Not expecting cops to speak their language. Not expecting students to be suspended if they wear an American flag shirt to school on May 5th. :rant

I KNOW! There was a town near where I grew up that had signs EVERYWHERE in a foreign language. Foreign flags flying. Proudly advertised their foreign culture and heritage. They even had festivals and sporting events celebrating their un-American foreign heritage. For god's sakes, the grocery store specialized in their native foods! People on the streets would greet you in their un-American language . . . it was awful.

I'm talking about Oakland, Nebraska. I find it odd that no one else is offended by their blatantly un-American celebration of the Swedish culture. I'd say the same things about Prague, Nebraska, and Wilbur, NE (home of CZECH DAYS! Can you imagine?!!)

Weird how no one complains about those towns isn't it? It makes me think that the anger about Mexicans is motivated by something NOT associated with their heritage.

• Fire 2

Also. Don't get me started on the Irish ramming St. Patty's day down our throats.

Or the Germans and their Oktoberfest.

Can you imagine the outrage if a Nebraska town proudly proclaimed that it was the Mexican Capital of Nebraska?

For some reason the <Insert European Country Name> Capital of Nebraska is accepted . . . and in some cases even fought for. Three towns (Oakland, Stromsburg, and Wasau) all claim to be the Swedish Capital of Nebraska.

Now I'm sure skin color has nothing to do with the blatant double standard, right?

Can you imagine the outrage if a Nebraska town proudly proclaimed that it was the Mexican Capital of Nebraska?

Get a rope.

Seriously. That little mental exercise reminds me that there is some serious latent racism in Nebraska today. It's undoubtedly better than it was 50 years ago but we still have much work to do.

Get a rope.

Seriously. That little mental exercise reminds me that there is some serious latent racism in Nebraska today. It's undoubtedly better than it was 50 years ago but we still have much work to do.

Yep, unfortunately it still goes on every day here/everywhere.

At my place of employment, we have professional associations for black employees, Latinos, women, etc. but none for white employees.

It's African American. :lol:

I work with two white guys from South Africa. They each spent 30+ years of the life there before they came to the states. My wife and I were shopping and we ran into one of them. When he walked away I told my wife he was an African American. I explained the situation to her and she still told me he wasn't.

....So....What is an African American? :hmmph

thats classic gobigger.

i remember a story from a few years back about a black firefighter's association in a rather large local union actually suing the 'white firefighters association'...that did not officially exist, it had only been started as a joke because they wouldnt even let their white co-workers in their clubhouse. a complete head scratcher, and rather hilarious in the end.

from the powers of Wikipedia.

Federal offices, such as the United States Census Bureau, adheres to the OMB standards on race in its data collection and tabulations efforts. In preparation for the United States 2010 Census, a marketing and outreach plan, called 2010 Census Integrated Communications Campaign Plan (ICC) recognized and defined African Americans as black people born in the United States. From the ICC perspective, African Americans are one of three groups of black people in the United States

White South African is a term which refers to people from South Africa who are of European descent.

White South Africans differ significantly from other white African groups due to not only their much larger population but because they have evolved into a different nation, as in the case of the Afrikaners, who established a separate language, culture and church in Africa

Benny, you needled$ck everything I put in here.

Here's another one for you. Kwanzaa is a myth. It has no significant history. It's made up. It's a hoax. There is no African Harvest Festival. In just a few decades it has been gained a lot of mainstream momentum.....why?

Kwanzaa is just another successful idea, much like many of those above, has actually served to cause more separation then actually bring anyone together.

I already went out and got your research for you. I didn't read it let me know. Please do your Wiki review, post a quote, and move on.

Kwanzaa - Wikipedia