Great Food Processor

If anyone is looking for a great food processor, I hightly recommend this one. We like pototoes sliced thin and it slices them thin and it grates cheees etc. great:) You have to have everything lined up right though or it won't work. I waited a long time to buy a food processor and I did alot of searching for one over the internet and read alot of reviews on them. Just thought I would tell you all in case your wife or whoever is looking for a great one to buy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000645TW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d1_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0QTQWZ36J7PVZ41G4TG6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

I mostly use my food processor for making pesto and other pastes/sauces. During pesto season I put my processor through a major workout, and it has not fallen apart in six or seven years. I bought a super el-cheapo $39.99 two-speed from Target and it hasn't broken yet.

What do you use yours for, Roxy? Maybe I'm just not putting mine through a workout like other people do. For slicing I just do everything with my knife, and I grate my cheese by hand with one of these:

bd7f_1.jpg

I tried my best to slice pototoes like we get at a restaurant we go to- they are sliced so thin. I asked the waitress how they got the potatoes sliced so thin and she said by hand. I had to keep from laughing because believe me..I tried to slice them by hand using a sharp knive and I could never get them sliced that thin. I grated cheese using a grater like you posted above and I hated doing that too, and as far as garlic is concerned...I dreaded mincing it by hand. I use garlic alot in my cooking. I use my food processor for alot of things. Just to name a few things-I experimented making my own salsa and I tried alot of different recipes and I wasn't satified with the outcome. One night we were eating out and again I asked the waitress how they made the salsa and she gave me somewhat of an idea how they did it, but, I knew I could fiddle with it and make it better. So I added our own preferance to it and some other ingredients that I thought would be good in it and after alot of work, I came up with the best salsa ever-in our opinion anyway:) I just got the food processor a few days ago and I have already put it to alot of work. We eat alot of salad and it makes it alot easier to make. I know..salad isn't hard to make...but..I am picky when it comes to salad too. I like cucumbers sliced thin..cheese grated just right, etc. It has made my cooking alot easier. Presentation of food is just as important to me as it tastes. They had another food processor on amazon that was a cuisinart also. It had different size of bowls..but..it was more expensive and I didn't think I would need to have different size bowls..one bowl is all I need. I can always order more accessories if I need to, but, I don't think I will have to. I am very happy with what came with it. You can do so many things with this food processor and it is my best friend in the kitchen:) Scalloped potatoes is a breeze to make now also. I am happy for you that you are pleased with your processor. I had a cheaper processor, but, it broke and it wasn't way as good as this one is.