Hodges to check off Blitzes

The website requires you to register to view the articles, so i will just post it

Hodges says he will audible more vs. blitz

12:04 AM CDT on Tuesday, October 4, 2005

By KEITH WHITMIRE / The Dallas Morning News

LUBBOCK – Quarterback Cody Hodges took responsibility for the five sacks and numerous other hits he took against Kansas. Hodges said it was his fault for not changing the plays coach Mike Leach sends in, which would have given Tech better leverage against the blitz.

"Everything we saw against Kansas we can correct," Hodges said. "I'm going to do more checking during the team settings [in practice this week] instead of him calling plays."

Leach drums up excitement for trip

LUBBOCK – Coach Mike Leach is known to watch a lot of game film. He apparently watches some reality television, too.

Asked about playing at Nebraska this week, Leach said, "Tommy Lee went there. The chance to play at the school where Tommy Lee was in the band for a brief period is pretty exciting."

Lee's band, Motley Crue, played at Tech's United Spirit Arena on Sunday night, but Leach said he didn't attend the concert.

Briefly ...

The Red Raiders will use speakers at Thursday's practice to simulate Nebraska's crowd noise. ... Coach Mike Leach said middle linebacker Brock Stratton might return from an undisclosed injury this season. Stratton was injured in the Indiana State game.

Asked about playing at Nebraska this week, Leach said, "Tommy Lee went there. The chance to play at the school where Tommy Lee was in the band for a brief period is pretty exciting."

:wtf Seriuosly, Tommy Lee is the first thing he thinks of when he hears UNL? Come on, I for one think this is pretty condescending. He's asked about playing us and the only thing he brings up is a Celeb that went here. Nothing about, we need to watch their defense.. we need to contain their short passes... we need to be ready for their crowd noise.

We need to smack these guys in the face this weekend, and make them remember that WE ARE NEBRASKA! And the next time they come down here, maybe they'll remember our Football program rather than some has-been rockstar coming to school here.

I'll take back most of this if he was making a joke there. However since I didn't hear him say it, I have no idea.

The approach to an inexperienced QB is to change defensive alignment after the QB goes under center. Coz is good at disguising the defensive alignment, as well. McKeon has a big job of calling the defensive plays & it's relatively new to him. If he can get signals from Coz, quickly, that will help. TT might use a hurry-up to counter. Blitzing is also countered with screens and hot routes. The load is really on the linebackers in this one. I think that McKeon being light for a middle linebacker is helpful Sat, since he is quick. Bo Rudd is also.

I watched a brief portion of the PC the other day. Mike looked like he hadn't slept in days and was strung out on something. Kept looking at the podium. So, in other words, he looked pretty normal. ;)

The whole PC was quite tongue in cheek.

He can try and audible all he wants, but with our crowd he will make mistakes, and the Huskers must be prepared to take advantage of them.  GO BIG RED

Like my date on prom night.

Well if she took advantage of you I guess you came out all right! ;)

Unless you're talking about the GO BIG RED part. Then I think a doctor is the place to go.

He can try and audible all he wants, but with our crowd he will make mistakes, and the Huskers must be prepared to take advantage of them.  GO BIG RED

Like my date on prom night.

Well if she took advantage of you I guess you came out all right! ;)

Unless you're talking about the GO BIG RED part. Then I think a doctor is the place to go.

:rollin:lol::woo:rollin:lol::woo:rollin:lol::woo:rollin:lol::woo