Quincy Enunwa ready for new opportunity at wide receiver

Quincy Enunwa looked the part of wide receiver. No doubt.

He arrived on campus last fall from Moreno Valley, Calif., as a true freshman standing 6-foot-2 and weighing 205 pounds.

"Coming out of high school," Husker teammate Tim Marlowe said, "he looked like a grown man."

No surprise, then, that Enunwa immediately bypassed a redshirt and played in Nebraska's first football game. He even caught a pass against Western Kentucky.

That's the only pass Enunwa caught all season. He saw action in 10 games.

What happened?

"In the beginning, it was more of me not knowing the plays, and toward the end it was me not working hard in practice," Enunwa said. "Probably if I had picked it up and been more competitive in practice, I probably would've been on the field more. You would've seen me more."

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_56c3414f-354a-57cc-9ea2-fba98de57da9.html

With Gilmore gone, these guys have nowhere to go but up. I think we will see a marked improvement in the WR corps this year... we will have to because we can't pound the rock with Burkhead 30 times a game. If we lose him we are in trouble.

Kinnie has proved he can play the part.

Enunwa

Kenny Bell

Jean-Baptiste

Marlowe

walk-ons

.....it's time to step up.

so many young guys don't get it, you play like you practice....pretty tough to get on the field on game day if you are a slacker in practice..jury is out on this guy.

You nailed it. That's why I am little skeptical(until they prove me wrong) of true freshman playing. There are too many adjustments that first year that will define who they are as a man and as a player. Why would a guy play 10 games if he wasn't practicing hard? It was a waste of elgibility