Speedy Kenny Bell making an impression at receiver

Having "IT" means more then just performing on the field. It is swagger, leadership, just a presence about the person that radiates to others. JT has been said to have the it factor also and you hear players talk about how he is great to be around...Bell is no different.

It seems like every spring we hear glowing reports about some relatively unknown player who is going to blow up. Most of the time they don't pan out.

I hope Bell isn't that guy this year.

I believe he won the award for the MVP of the scout team. So he did back it up there. He was my favorite signee from his class based on his video from high school. Looking for big things from him for 3 to 4 years.

I remember reading a quote from his HS coach and he said he is the fastest player to ever play at his high school or that he has coached. Doesn't mean much but he must be pretty fast for that label or words of praise.

It's all just words until it shows up on the field. I remember how Zac Lee was going to make us all forget that we'd ever heard of Joe Ganz.

Show me.

I hate to be the debbie downer here, but we hear stories like this every single year (especially from the LJS). I want to believe and I have hope we will see the talent of guys like Bell being used to their full potential by the new staff. But in the end, I am still thinking to myself, "show me."

You "debbie downers" seem to forget that our former OC seemed to neutralize the talent pool we had. Like previously stated earlier, TG only played receivers that could block down field. Part of the reason McNeill switched to WR last season.

You'll see that we will be fine, and talent pool will be maximized.

Good point but also remember if we arent playing some of those big bodied wrs who can't block down field, we definitely won't be getting those 50 and 60 yard runs we grew so accustom to last year.

Oh you mean all those runs against the PUD teams with the exception of Missouri, even then, they weren't really THAT good on defense. 50 and 60 yard runs are fine and dandy, but hey, how bout we get an offense that can score with the best of them. I'm talking about TD's not field goals. Big plays should always happen when you're playing pud teams. I don't think that will change. <_<:dunno

Receivers need to be able to block down field, but they don't have to be big, bulky and slow to do so. Oregon's receivers are the perfect example. Think about how many long runs they busted the last few years. :thumbs

It seems like every spring we hear glowing reports about some relatively unknown player who is going to blow up. Most of the time they don't pan out.

I believe he won the award for the MVP of the scout team. So he did back it up there. He was my favorite signee from his class based on his video from high school. Looking for big things from him for 3 to 4 years.

I remember reading a quote from his HS coach and he said he is the fastest player to ever play at his high school or that he has coached. Doesn't mean much but he must be pretty fast for that label or words of praise.

It's all just words until it shows up on the field. I remember how Zac Lee was going to make us all forget that we'd ever heard of Joe Ganz.

Show me.

He was pretty darn good, 73% completion percentage when he was healthy...all of 2 games. Against crappy competition. Joe Ganz was not anything special, he threw his share of INT's too. Zac played pretty darn good in the Holiday bowl a couple years ago as well. Injury prone ever since he got here. My buddy used to work with the QB's while he was on staff with the huskers as a student manager. He always told me that Zac Lee had the best TOOLS to work with. The only thing that held him back from being great was the injury factor, and dumb decisions on changing the play before the snap.

Show me.

He was pretty darn good, 73% completion percentage when he was healthy...all of 2 games. Against crappy competition. Joe Ganz was not anything special, he threw his share of INT's too. Zac played pretty darn good in the Holiday bowl a couple years ago as well. Injury prone ever since he got here. My buddy used to work with the QB's while he was on staff with the huskers as a student manager. He always told me that Zac Lee had the best TOOLS to work with. The only thing that held him back from being great was the injury factor, and dumb decisions on changing the play before the snap.

Right . . .

:rollin

Edit:

Ganz 65% completions, 44 touchdowns, 18 interceptions, 157 qb rating.

Lee 58% completions, 14 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 124 qb rating.

The facts don't seem to support your downplaying of Ganz and exaggerating of Lee.

Hold on guys, Kenny Bell hasn't played a single down of college football. We should not be allowed to mention him. Why does everyone talk about Bell, and not Marlowe? What evidence do we have that Bell will even start this year? What did Marlowe do to deserve this hate? ;)

-kidding, of course. I'm excited about Bell, and hope he lives up to this hype better than Curenski, Brooks, Khiry (so far) and Antonio...

Show me.

Right . . .

Edit:

The facts don't seem to support your downplaying of Ganz and exaggerating of Lee.

Carlfense:

What did Streeter say that you disagree with? He said that Lee had the best TOOLS, not necessarily the best career.

Show me.

Right . . .

Edit:

I love when people just read what they think has been posted and don't really comprehend what they are reading. I DID NOT say anything about Lee having a better career over Ganz. Sp your stat line brings nothing to what is being debated. Its not an exaggeration either, I said 73% through all of 2 games that he was healthy (FAU, and ArkST).

Show me.

Right . . .

Edit:

Carlfense:

What did Streeter say that you disagree with? He said that Lee had the best TOOLS, not necessarily the best career.

I disagreed with the "pretty darn good." Lee production was below average, at best.

Show me.

Right . . .

Edit:

I love when people just read what they think has been posted and don't really comprehend what they are reading. I DID NOT say anything about Lee having a better career over Ganz. Sp your stat line brings nothing to what is being debated. Its not an exaggeration either, I said 73% through all of 2 games that he was healthy (FAU, and ArkST).

Consider it a comparison between a "pretty darn good" quarterback and Lee. I think that the fact that ArkState (4 wins) and FAU (5 wins) were terrible teams was more influential in Lee's stats than his health status.

To summarize your statements:

Lee = pretty darn good.

Ganz = not anything special.

Then . . . you try to claim that you weren't pumping up Lee and downplaying Ganz. Noted.

Lee??? Ganz???

???

!!!

Yesterday ain't got nothing for me, but pictures that I'll always see. Time to turn the page on this book of memories.

Ooo yesterday, has got nothing for me....

History is being part of a Husker fan. We still talk about Ferragamo, Gill, Frazier, Berringer, etc.

Not to mention that it's the off season . . . where idle chatter runs rampant.