Athlon Sports 2011 Predictions: Nebraska

My bold prediction has a stipulation haha. IF, and I say IF, we get solid, doesn't have to be great, but solid quarterback play from whomever plays there, the sky is the limit this year and we have just as good a chance as anyone to play for the NC. We have three All-Americans on our defense. One at each level, a new energetic OL technition in Garrison, a WR coach that our guys are very comfortable with and play hard for. All of the pieces are in place. We have a chance. Roster-wise 1-85 we are just as talented as any team in the nation. The only team I really think has us beat there is Bama. We are definately in the top 2 in the conference talent wise across the board. After NU and OSU there is a drop off to Wisky but not a significant one. After Whisky the drop-off is very significant.

• Fire 1

usaLovesNu.png

I tend to agree with the general public here.... With the trouble at Ohio Light. Wisconsin is looking its gonna be a possible down year for them.

Nebraska biggest opponent is themselves, we must get over that hump. I thought last year was gonna be our year, but it turned out to be one of the most property destructing, neighbor complaining, liver crying, hearing its "just a game" years I have ever endured.

Thinking about the upcoming seaon more and more, the pieces are in place for a run. But, as EZ said earlier we need solid QB play throughout the entire season, not just the first seven games. Rex needs to stay healthy, oline needs to stay healthy, and WR's need to step up.

Defense will be fine, as long as BP is our HC. Just win the Legends division first, then talk about MNC after that is done.

IF, Taylor stays healthy and plays like we all know he can, we will be in a ccg with the chance to get a national championship berth, let face it guys, this is not the bill callahan nebraska, we have 3 all americans, at 3 lines of the defense, i will be SHOCKED if we average more than 14 or 15 ppg by the end of the season, and our offense will flourish this year if magic stays healthy, we are stacked at RB, and the WR's SHOULD step up this year, o line will be great too, maybe i just have high standards and have been sick of these past few years when we could have done better, i think some will be surprised that we will most likely be favored in every game as well... Time to BRING THAT TROPHY BACK TO LINCOLN! In Bo we trust :bonez

Wow... that's some serious optimism. Averaging allowing only 2 TD's a game in a new conference is asking a LOT no matter who your D-coordinator is, the past two years the offense has been horrendous, NU has one (1) running back right now, the o line has been awful, and the WR's SHOULD have stepped up the past two years as well. But I sure hope you're right

My bold prediction has a stipulation haha. IF, and I say IF, we get solid, doesn't have to be great, but solid quarterback play from whomever plays there, the sky is the limit this year and we have just as good a chance as anyone to play for the NC. We have three All-Americans on our defense. One at each level, a new energetic OL technition in Garrison, a WR coach that our guys are very comfortable with and play hard for. All of the pieces are in place. We have a chance. Roster-wise 1-85 we are just as talented as any team in the nation. The only team I really think has us beat there is Bama. We are definately in the top 2 in the conference talent wise across the board. After NU and OSU there is a drop off to Wisky but not a significant one. After Whisky the drop-off is very significant.

A real x-factor.