I am a Believer

I've been hard on this team all year. I hate losing. HATE IT.

But I feel very good about this team after watching this performance. The offense moved the ball. The defense shut down the highest-scoring offense in football for more than 2 quarters. They never gave up.

If we don't turn the ball over FIVE times (LeKevin's fumble was a turnover), we win. LeKevin only had to sit down, and the game is over. Ouch.

That being said, we have the potential to be the second-best team in the Big 12, if we can learn to hold onto the ball. I loved the way that we ran the ball and just attacked in the second half. Beautiful.

Baylor is a tough game, no joke. But if we can come back and play well, and then get ready for Missouri, we'll be in good shape.

This team is capable of winning the North at 10-1. We were the better team.

This one is going to hurt a bit, but if we use it to light a fire, it will only help us.

GBR!!!

I agree with you. There is lots to speculate on, but I think the "these coaches have no idea what they are doing" arguments are going to be flying out the window soon. The offensive game plan was solid, the defense(aside from the first 20 minutes) was stellar. Nebraska should have won this game, period, end of discussion. Take away the first quarter and NU beats TT easily. Take away the turnovers and it's a laugher. This team is young and mistakes are inevitable, but I was proud of the way they came back and how they fought. Tough one to lose, though, gosh does that hurt. This game shows about a 180 degree difference between last year's team and this one. I agree with you about Baylor, that team has a fire lit under their ass for some reason this year, and Mizzou will be tough as always. No team should be taken lightly, but, in my opinion, NU has shown that they are a force to be reckoned with, at least in the North.

That being said, we have the potential to be the second-best team in the Big 12, if we can learn to hold onto the ball. I loved the way that we ran the ball and just attacked in the second half. Beautiful.

Brother I am with you all the way. The biggest game of the year will be this week. For one it's the first away game, second, I wanna see how the team can/will recover from this.

LeKevin screwed up, he knows it, we know it, the coaches know it, but it was just instinct taking over. Ball pops into your hands, he didn't pick it up, it wasn't a fumble, you grab it and have four red jerseys around you, you figure I can make it happen, but there was a guy behind....what are you going to do.

GO BIG RED ......keep your heads up boys, I love ya, keep playing hard and play with pride.

I was thouroughly dissapointed with this loss. But only becauese I dispise losing, and there was a great potential to win.

That being said.......

I am very proud of my team. The Huskers, hanging in with TT, down to the final minute? Regardless of the final score, I think that is a national statement. The Huskers are heading in the right direction. As I was telling a friend - if the Huskers had to lose to TT, this is the best possible way they could do it, in my opinion.

especially because TT knows they were damn luck to sneak out of Lincoln with a win. They know that they could just have easily lost, and probably should have. I'd say each team deserved to win and lose the game. And at that, it was a fine, competitive game.

I am looking forward to the future. This sounds strange, but, I sincerely believe this loss should shut some people up.

Especially depending on how the Baylor game goes...

*My little secret*

The sweetest thing would be:

Revenge for the Big XII championship title....

TT and NU........... THE rematch of 2005.......... anyone else see it coming??

Of course, there is Texas, but we'll see..........

At the very least, I am very pleased with the Huskers. I had to leave from listening to the game just about at half time, and coming backin the 4rth, to see them still in the game, that meant a lot.

I liked, from what little I heard, Coach Calahan's attitude in his post game show.

In all reality, I think this is the most pleasing loss I've seen in a long, long time. Actually,I think ever. Because this is the first time I've followed a team as intensly, and know whatit's all about. So yes, this is the best loss I have ever seen.

Kinda odd to put it that way....but still :thumbs

Go Big Red! :horns

I don't think the loss will put a damper on the guys. It will just give them more fuel to get better and continue to improve. The players played their hearts out today and they know it. Sometimes you win those games, sometimes you lose them. Tech had luck on it's side today on that last play of the game, because the blackshirts were forcing Hodges to throw the ball anywhere and everywhere.

I've been hard on this team all year. I hate losing. HATE IT.

But I feel very good about this team after watching this performance. The offense moved the ball. The defense shut down the highest-scoring offense in football for more than 2 quarters. They never gave up.

If we don't turn the ball over FIVE times (LeKevin's fumble was a turnover), we win. LeKevin only had to sit down, and the game is over. Ouch.

Baylor is a tough game, no joke. But if we can come back and play well, and then get ready for Missouri, we'll be in good shape.

This team is capable of winning the North at 10-1. We were the better team.

This one is going to hurt a bit, but if we use it to light a fire, it will only help us.

GBR!!!

I'm on this bandwagon that's picking up steam. I'm a believer.

I've been a believer for a lot of years! Started paying attention to Big Red football when I was about 10. Got to see the Championship years of the early 70's and again the early 90's. Always proud to say I'm a Husker. Living in Ohio makes it even more fun. All the comments, criticisms, etc. Just makes me smile, because I have pride! Always have and always will! You just can't understand unless you're from Nebraska. Those boys played their hearts out Saturday. They came from a 3 touchdown deficit and dominated that 2nd half. Yes, the mistakes hurt and I'm sure they're well aware of it, but if they can learn and better themselves every day, then that's what matters. I will stand behind them.....no matter what. Now, we need to take care of business next week and keep getting better and better. I love those guys too and am always proud of them! GO BIG RED!!!