Doc more highly regarded by other B12 teams than NU

what happened at KSU is not common. A coach who was without a team, but planning on returning to the NCAA the next year was able to illegally recruit top players for nearly 18 months. Only it wasnt illegal, because he wasnt with a team or in discussions with a team. He was just a guy talking to kids. No connection to the NCAA what-so-ever. Then that said coach who had built those relationships with those kids gets a job. the kids commit to his school. Then that coach hires two top AAU coaches with connections to the top players in the next 2 years classes. Those assistants had no NCAA experiance prior. Those AAU coaches sign there top players to their new school.

That my friend is KSU. A team that has now lost every top player they got through those sketchy moves and is left to recruit on their own NCAA santioned morals. And the two people most often given credit for the players and turnaround are no gone. No huggie bear and no delonte hill.

KSU is what you call a NCAA loop hole and dont be surprised to see them slid back over the next few years

This is exactly why the "look at KSU" argument is one that people need to stop using. First off, for fans that are so stuck on 'doing it the right way' in football, you'd think they'd want to avoid doing it the way KSU did. Secondly, what has happened at KSU is unsustainable. A program built overnight is often quick to fall, as it has no base underneath it. Doc is doing it the right way, building a base. Unfortunately, at NU it's going to take several years to establish that base.

I should also clarify, I've been screaming that T.O. is hindering Doc by discouraging AAU connections. This is not to say I want to do it like Huggins. However, it would be nice if Doc could develop a relationship with some guys on the AAU circuit.