Your pick for next Head Coach

This article is not good news for Nebraska fans.

tOSU is no. 2 in terms of best jobs and NU is no. 15.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/06/03/best-college-football-jobs/

His reasoning for why Ohio State is a great job is good, but also laughable.

The issue he doesn't mention is that many coaches won't want the job for those first couple of years of the sanctions. Ohio State has a lot of upside despite the NCAA sanctions they will inevitably receive, but short of a pompous idiot like Lane Kiffin most people won't want to take that job right away.

Furthermore Pelini's attitude and demeanor is all about being black and white and no nonsense. Everything about taking the Ohio State job next year will be nonsensical and crazy. If he even thought for a second that the scrutiny was tough in Nebraska, what does he think it's going to be like at a university that fell from grace and will have all eyes on him? Ohio State is often lauded for having some of the worst fans in the nation, and they're winning. What are those fans going to be like when they're losing more often, which is what will inevitably occur? Throw in the fact that they'll probably get a post season ban and a loss of scholarships, recruiting is going to be a tough hill to climb. Sure, they'll still get their share of five stars. But they'll probably lose some they wouldn't have lost otherwise.

I'd be more worried about a potential coach search in four or five years if their coach isn't successful, rather than one going on right now.

This article is not good news for Nebraska fans.

tOSU is no. 2 in terms of best jobs and NU is no. 15.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/06/03/best-college-football-jobs/

His reasoning for why Ohio State is a great job is good, but also laughable.

The issue he doesn't mention is that many coaches won't want the job for those first couple of years of the sanctions. Ohio State has a lot of upside despite the NCAA sanctions they will inevitably receive, but short of a pompous idiot like Lane Kiffin most people won't want to take that job right away.

Furthermore Pelini's attitude and demeanor is all about being black and white and no nonsense. Everything about taking the Ohio State job next year will be nonsensical and crazy. If he even thought for a second that the scrutiny was tough in Nebraska, what does he think it's going to be like at a university that fell from grace and will have all eyes on him? Ohio State is often lauded for having some of the worst fans in the nation, and they're winning. What are those fans going to be like when they're losing more often, which is what will inevitably occur? Throw in the fact that they'll probably get a post season ban and a loss of scholarships, recruiting is going to be a tough hill to climb. Sure, they'll still get their share of five stars. But they'll probably lose some they wouldn't have lost otherwise.

I'd be more worried about a potential coach search in four or five years if their coach isn't successful, rather than one going on right now.

In defense of OSU fans, some, and a small percentage at that, are idiots (believe me the ones that are, are complete idiots), but that is not a fair assessment of OSU fans as a whole by any means.

In defense of OSU fans, some, and a small percentage at that, are idiots (believe me the ones that are, are complete idiots), but that is not a fair assessment of OSU fans as a whole by any means.

There are certain fan bases that generally get a bad rep, and OSU is one of them. I have no personal experiences with them. I only said they're often lauded as being such. Whether it's true or not is up for debate. (Similary, Georgia fans also share the same tag often)

The point is they're a passionate fan base that's used to winning, and they're probably not going to enjoy as much as they used to soon. If Pelini is even remotely tired of criticism by Nebraska fans, it will be much worse outside of this state at a place getting nailed with NCAA sanctions.

If the OSU job is open in five years once the brunt of the NCAA sanctions are done, then I'd be worried about Pelini going.

There are certain fan bases that generally get a bad rep, and OSU is one of them. I have no personal experiences with them. I only said they're often lauded as being such. Whether it's true or not is up for debate. (Similary, Georgia fans also share the same tag often)

The point is they're a passionate fan base that's used to winning, and they're probably not going to enjoy as much as they used to soon. If Pelini is even remotely tired of criticism by Nebraska fans, it will be much worse outside of this state at a place getting nailed with NCAA sanctions.

If the OSU job is open in five years once the brunt of the NCAA sanctions are done, then I'd be worried about Pelini going.

Oh I can agree with you on some of that, I have seen my so called OSU brethren do some stupid sh#t and the problem is that there are so many OSU fans (and naturally a ton of people that hate OSU) that there are enough of the idiots around to ruin it for everyone. Same thing happens at PSU. I do hope you Nebraska guys get to see some games at some of the most cherished stadiums (e.g., Ohio Stadium, Beaver Stadium, Michigan Stadium, Camp Randall), but there will quite possibly be around 50 idiots out of the bunch at each place that ruins it for you and so I am up front apologizing for my contemporaries' idiocracy. In Madison and Columbus you should be good if you just wear your red, in State College, you are probably screwed. Don't worry about Michigan they never seem to mind who is knocking down their door. chuckleshuffle

Oh I can agree with you on some of that, I have seen my so called OSU brethren do some stupid sh#t and the problem is that there are so many OSU fans (and naturally a ton of people that hate OSU) that there are enough of the idiots around to ruin it for everyone. Same thing happens at PSU. I do hope you Nebraska guys get to see some games at some of the most cherished stadiums (e.g., Ohio Stadium, Beaver Stadium, Michigan Stadium, Camp Randall), but there will quite possibly be around 50 idiots out of the bunch at each place that ruins it for you and so I am up front apologizing for my contemporaries' idiocracy. In Madison and Columbus you should be good if you just wear your red, in State College, you are probably screwed. Don't worry about Michigan they never seem to mind who is knocking down their door. chuckleshuffle

I know how that goes. Nebraska has it's fair share of idiots, and opposing fans are quick to rub it in the "greatest fans in the world" faces when something contradicts the tag. We didn't give ourselves the tag though, and to be honest I think we're similar to most fan bases out there.

Hopefully we can fill up some Big 10 stadiums like we did against Notre Dame a decade ago. Here's a good picture.