Down to the wire

I think that the contenders for the Big 12 North title will be fighting each other off week after week. If Texas beats Colorado, Nebraska beats Baylor, and Texas Tech beats Kansas State this week Nebraska will be in a first-place tie with Colorado, who is currently 2-0 in conference play. If Kansas State or Missouri don't sneak in somewhere down the road, I think the Big 12 North champion will come down to the winner of the Colorado-Nebraska game. :box

that could be the case. and wat a big that would be!

I think that CU loses to Texas, either Iowa State or Kansas State, and Nebraska

that win against texas a&m was impressive, but i cant believe they are that good

They're not, just look how they played against Miami. And, I don't think Miami is as good as Texas. CU might be top 25 material, but they're definitely not a top team right now. I'm not even sure they're top 25 material either. Get them away from Boulder, and CU isn't a great team by any means. However, they're well coached. They may surprise some people this year like they did Saturday, but right now I put them in the pretender column.

If we were playing CU at home, I think we win the game. However, the game is in Boulder so right now I would put them over the Huskers. This may change though before we play due to injuries and such. CU has a great punter and kicker. They have a great tight end. Yet, they are thin in other spots. They're definitely beatable!

As much as I'd like to see it, I don't think Iowa State gets the nod over CU. Iowa State is in big trouble. They just lost to what was considered the bottom feeder of the Big 12!

CU has a good team this year, and I do believe that the north will come down to NU Vs CU, which worries me because they play @ CU this year, but then agian we have 5 games to work on our sloppy play, Taylor needs to be more patient in the pocket, Ross needs to stay healthy, and we need to keep getting big plays from our WR's, if we can do that I think were a lock for the north.

Now as for beating Texas who will probalby win the south... thats a different story.

You are all forgetting one VERY important aspect between the NU/CU showdown. Nebraska hired Ted Gilmore. Let me repeat that. They hired the EX Colorado tight ends/WR coach from Colorado. Gilmore will give us so many things to use on defense this year against Colorado that we did not have last year, regardless if the game is in Boulder or not. Gilmore knows their offense inside and out and the defensive coaches will be VERY prepared against them.

CU is always hard to read. They start out slow and finish strong, and that shows when you play in 3 of the last 4 Big12 title games. Even when Colorado was 3-8 in 2000, they played us hard and down to the wire in the 34-32 loss. They won against an average CSU team, a winless New Mexico St team, a below average Oklahoma St team whose 3 wins were over Montana St, Arkansas St, and Florida International, and a Texas A&M team that lost to Clemson who got beat by Wake Forest (The ACC equivlant in my mind to Baylor). The only true test they had was Miami, and Miami exposed their speed on defense in that game.

This weekends game against Texas will expose their weakness on defense again. Texas should win that game by at least 3 touchdowns. Even Kansas is going to take Colorado to the wire.

As long as CU loses this weekend and then both NU and CU win out, the NU/CU showdown should determine the Big12 north winner. Whoever loses again will find it VERY hard to comeback and stay in contention for the North Division crown.