B1G Commish Delaney Interview

C N Red

Here is a good listen with Commish Delaney on Sports Nightly June 30th, the day before Nebraska entered the B1G.

Click link below and go to June 30th archive. The interview starts at 1:06:45. The baseball part starts about 1:32:45. The whole interview lasts until 1:41:30. Good interview overall and really whole thing worth listening to.

Delaney doesn't sound too positive on Baseball being in the future for B1G schools. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to end up going independent in baseball in the future.

Also, I don't understand why more B1G schools, especially those with cash(Ohio St., Michigan, Penn St., etc) aren't looking to build indoor practice facilities like Nebraska. That would be huge in getting the B1G competitive in baseball.

http://www.huskers.com/AudioArchives.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100

Delaney's not big on it currently because it hasn't generated revenue for any of the member institutions...yet.

Once Nebraska gets on track and proves a Big 10 school can make money at Baseball, you'll see investment by the other Big 10 programs and Delaney warming up to the sport. Plus, Delaney will soon realize when the Pac-12 Network is made available that they will need the baseball inventory to compete for ratings and advertising money.

Although I can see an outcome where your prediction of an independent status in baseball happens, especially if some Big 10 schools ditch baseball in favor of the more regionally-aligned collegiate hockey.