Ranking B1G safetys

10. Courtney Osborne, Nebraska, junior: This is a bit of a projection pick, but Osborne should be able to help fill Nebraska's gaps at safety this fall. He appeared in every game last season, starting four, and recorded 41 tackles, an interception, a sack and five tackles for loss. Osborne did some nice things down the stretch and seems primed for bigger things in a bigger role.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/29124/ranking-the-big-ten-safeties-2

It'll be all about the projections this year. In '09, Asante and O'Hanlon didn't start out the year as dependable cogs in our secondary, but they finished as a great tandem and just another bright spot on that defense.

Could it happen this year with Cassidy and Osborne?

It'll be all about the projections this year. In '09, Asante and O'Hanlon didn't start out the year as dependable cogs in our secondary, but they finished as a great tandem and just another bright spot on that defense.

Osborne and Cassidy remind me a little of Asante and O'hanlon actually. Courtney's able to lay the wood and Cassidy should be able to play free safety as well as o'hanlon did IMO. Overall I'd say our secondary should be pretty solid this year, the depth part worries me a little though.

Osborne and Cassidy remind me a little of Asante and O'hanlon actually. Courtney's able to lay the wood and Cassidy should be able to play free safety as well as o'hanlon did IMO. Overall I'd say our secondary should be pretty solid this year, the depth part worries me a little though.

don't rule out P.J. Smith. i think he will have a say in who is starting and will also play a big role this year as well

I really hope PJ can find his way back onto the feild, he is our best cover safety. PJ and Courtney in the at the back end of our D is a scary thought. But, PJ lost his job for a reason and Austin did a steller job while he was in there. They best two will make the field, im just glad that there is too much talent(problem?...NO) to make this a discussion.

Courtney and Austin were huge for us last year. Courtney is fearless, Austin is dependable, and they both play with a lot of heart. They are both solid players but imagine Courtney at 6'3, 220 or 225! With his style of play, he'd be down right scary! I'm really looking forward to seeing these two play next year!