Friday Night Lights

Sad to see it go away.

Some interesting observations:

The game when the (red and white) East Dillon team was getting hosed by the refs.

The coach is young and emotional.

The young yet skilled QB losing respect of the team and getting benched.

The (state) championship game was against some team wearing pukey burnt orange uniforms.

I was expecting the last play to be over ruled and one second being put on the clock.

FNL was/is a fantastic show. I really think that the name (Friday Night Lights, yes I know that was the name of the book and the movie) made NBC feel like it HAD to be on Friday's, I get that, I really do but lets face it, Friday night TV is death, unless the show is Dallas and people want to see who shot JR!

Secondly, people that this show was all about football, maybe even that it was going to be a bit MTV'ie or American Pie like but that was not the case, this show really only had a few minutes of football in each episode.

I have to think that if this show was in a time slot like Greys Anatomy that it would have been a much bigger hit. I think girls would have really liked the show.

It is just really hard to suck in the 16-35 year old girl/guy crowd for Friday night shows.

One of my favorite shows of all time! NBC seriously sucks. First they can Conan. Then they cancel Law and Order. Then they cancel Law and Order LA just when I started to seriously get into that show. Cancel FNL. Then they can't even negotiate a contract for Elliot Stabler to stay on L&O: SVU. He makes that show worth watching and now hes gone. NBC sucks!