TV or Digital SLR camera

So I spent quite a bit of money on the wife for her birthday and our anniversary so she wanted to do the same for me. I told her that I didn't need anything but she's insisting to get me a gift anyways. She brought up a new TV for the bedroom but I told her that we don't need a TV in the bedroom and it took a lot for me to say that because I'm obsessed with TV's lol. She really wants a TV in the bedroom but I'm sticking to my guns. I finally told her that I want a digital SLR camera so I can take pictures and videos of Husker games, my nieces and nephews, and of course of our future kids. She told me that I won't be using it all the time but I'm constantly taking pictures and videos of my niece and Husker games on my phone.

If you guys could choose one which one would you choose?

Well I suppose if you have a TV in your bedroom, then you don't have to get out of bed to watch Game Day... or anything for that matter lol.

I don't know about getting a camera. I always think I want one, but then I talk myself out of it cuz I don't take pics of anything with phone, so I don't think I'd want to carry around a camera. Are you wanting a camera just to take higher quality pics/vids or because it can store more pics/vids than your phone?

Well I suppose if you have a TV in your bedroom, then you don't have to get out of bed to watch Game Day... or anything for that matter lol.

I don't know about getting a camera. I always think I want one, but then I talk myself out of it cuz I don't take pics of anything with phone, so I don't think I'd want to carry around a camera. Are you wanting a camera just to take higher quality pics/vids or because it can store more pics/vids than your phone?

I want a camera that'll take higher quality pics/vids with a nice lens for the family stuff and a bigger lens that'll zoom in pretty far for Husker games cause I'm always taking pictures and videos when attending a Husker game. I'll mainly be using the camera for Husker games, taking pictures of my niece, nephew (my nephew should be born today or tomorrow) and family events. But looking at the prices of the camera and upgrading to bigger lens for my needs I could get a nice size 55" LED tv for the bedroom :lol:

Sadly I think my wife is going to win this battle

I want a camera that'll take higher quality pics/vids with a nice lens for the family stuff and a bigger lens that'll zoom in pretty far for Husker games cause I'm always taking pictures and videos when attending a Husker game. I'll mainly be using the camera for Husker games, taking pictures of my niece, nephew (my nephew should be born today or tomorrow) and family events. But looking at the prices of the camera and upgrading to bigger lens for my needs I could get a nice size 55" LED tv for the bedroom :lol:

I recently purchased a Nikon D5000 SLR camera to take with me when I do interviews and photos of cars at Cruise Night. It's marked down quite a bit compared to other places I've looked online. Comparing the price against a decent 55" tv you'd have enough money left over to buy another lense with further zooming capabilities. I am no professional, but I did a lot of review searching and it sounds like as far as entry level SLR cameras go this one is pretty decent. My Brother in law who is a photographer said "there's only so much a nice camera can do to make up for a sh*tty photographer!" But here's the link, hope it helps! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+12.3-Megapixel+D5000+DSLR+Camera+with+18-55mm+Lens+-+Black/9311755.p?id=1218082646627&skuId=9311755

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a Nikon D5000 SLR camera to take with me when I do interviews and photos of cars at Cruise Night. It's marked down quite a bit compared to other places I've looked online. Comparing the price against a decent 55" tv you'd have enough money left over to buy another lense with further zooming capabilities. I am no professional, but I did a lot of review searching and it sounds like as far as entry level SLR cameras go this one is pretty decent. My Brother in law who is a photographer said "there's only so much a nice camera can do to make up for a sh*tty photographer!" But here's the link, hope it helps! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+12.3-Megapixel+D5000+DSLR+Camera+with+18-55mm+Lens+-+Black/9311755.p?id=1218082646627&skuId=9311755

:yeah