Husker Focus

The key for goal monitoring is to stay focused. While the coaches are doing their

jobs to help them with this, everyone can use some help. That being the said, is

there any particular thing that anyone can say to help athletes and coaches with

the grueling, physical, and mental stamina that puts demands on them.

Like for instance when a team has a mental lull in a game and they seem to have lost

their intensity or sight of their goal. How can one get that contagious spirit back

that say's this is ours and we own this sport. I don't post a whole lot, but I do

read almost everyday that which the rest of you do post and I trust that this will

be a welcome topic.

I'm not the best person to answer this, but I'll give it a shot. I think one thing that is really helpful is making sure you focus on small, short-term goals which will help you reach your long-term goal. I think it also helps if that short-term goal is fun, and doesn't feel like work. The example I'm thinking of is how Oregon's offense works - their long-term goals are the same as ours, they want to win every game and win their conference championship, and the national championship.

However, their short-term goal that they are all focused on during practices and games is to go as fast as they possibly can. They don't think about the score, they don't think about the polls or what other games are going on - they're just trying to execute their offense as fast as humanly possible. They don't have time to lose focus. That's why Oregon was putting up 70 points against teams like Portland State last year - even when they were up 49-0, they didn't get bored because every time the offense went onto the field, they were competing against themselves, trying to go faster than they did last time.

Their approach reminds me of how great teachers manage their classrooms. Great teachers rarely have to tell their students to be quiet or to focus, because they have designed their lesson in a way that moves so fast and keeps the students so busy that their students don't have enough time to get off task or lose focus.

I'm not the best person to answer this, but I'll give it a shot. I think one thing that is really helpful is making sure you focus on small, short-term goals which will help you reach your long-term goal. I think it also helps if that short-term goal is fun, and doesn't feel like work. The example I'm thinking of is how Oregon's offense works - their long-term goals are the same as ours, they want to win every game and win their conference championship, and the national championship.

However, their short-term goal that they are all focused on during practices and games is to go as fast as they possibly can. They don't think about the score, they don't think about the polls or what other games are going on - they're just trying to execute their offense as fast as humanly possible. They don't have time to lose focus. That's why Oregon was putting up 70 points against teams like Portland State last year - even when they were up 49-0, they didn't get bored because every time the offense went onto the field, they were competing against themselves, trying to go faster than they did last time.

Their approach reminds me of how great teachers manage their classrooms. Great teachers rarely have to tell their students to be quiet or to focus, because they have designed their lesson in a way that moves so fast and keeps the students so busy that their students don't have enough time to get off task or lose focus.

Good thought, thank you for the input.

STAY OFF OF MESSAGE BOARDS.

and this contributes to the topic HOW?

I think he meant that as a tip to the players

Mod's if this is a subject that could harm our beloved Huskers,

please pull. I only meant this as a conversation amongst fans

that I was interested in talking about. I do apologize.

STAY OFF OF MESSAGE BOARDS.

and this contributes to the topic HOW?

I think he meant that as a tip to the players

Mod's if this is a subject that could harm our beloved Huskers,

please pull. I only meant this as a conversation amongst fans

that I was interested in talking about. I do apologize.

You're confused again. You asked how the team could stay focused. I *think* he's saying that the team shouldn't look at Husker forums. Nobody's saying anything about your post unless I'm misinterpreting.