Baker ready to turn up the heat

That article says that he's in good shape and feeling more mobile, but to be honest I wish he would have beefed up. Not that I think he should be out of shape, but unless they plan on playing him outside I think he should be in the 300 lb range especially going up against B1G o-lineman. To be honest, I think he and Crick may be a little undersized for this conference.

I don't think 10 lbs is going to make a huge difference. We faced plently of NFL caliber linemen in the Big 12-3. People are making the Big Ten out to be something it isn't.

You don't think out D struggled when teams ran right at us last year? I'm not saying Crick and Stein aren't great, but just a little undersized. I guarantee were going to get a heavy dose of teams trying to force us to stop the run.

At times, yes they struggled. Are you suggesting Jared and Baker being a little undersized was the whole entire reason for that? A lot went into those struggles.

No, definitely not suggesting that they struggled because they were undersized last year because the D was constructed to deal with the pass happy big12 offenses, but what I am suggesting is that although they were perfectly sized to deal with the big12 offenses, I feel they may be undersized when it comes to the weekly grind of dealing with B1G offenses like Wisc, Mich st, Mich, Penn st etc.

I sure here a lot of talk about how deep we are at DT. If it's not just talk, this also doesn't worry me in the slightest.

That article says that he's in good shape and feeling more mobile, but to be honest I wish he would have beefed up. Not that I think he should be out of shape, but unless they plan on playing him outside I think he should be in the 300 lb range especially going up against B1G o-lineman. To be honest, I think he and Crick may be a little undersized for this conference.

I don't think 10 lbs is going to make a huge difference. We faced plently of NFL caliber linemen in the Big 12-3. People are making the Big Ten out to be something it isn't.

You don't think out D struggled when teams ran right at us last year? I'm not saying Crick and Stein aren't great, but just a little undersized. I guarantee were going to get a heavy dose of teams trying to force us to stop the run.

At times, yes they struggled. Are you suggesting Jared and Baker being a little undersized was the whole entire reason for that? A lot went into those struggles.

No, definitely not suggesting that they struggled because they were undersized last year because the D was constructed to deal with the pass happy big12 offenses, but what I am suggesting is that although they were perfectly sized to deal with the big12 offenses, I feel they may be undersized when it comes to the weekly grind of dealing with B1G offenses like Wisc, Mich st, Mich, Penn st etc.

I sure here a lot of talk about how deep we are at DT. If it's not just talk, this also doesn't worry me in the slightest.

And isn't Moore over 300 lbs?

I think we will find out almost all we need to know about this starting defensive line in the first week of B1G play. I think the depth is going to pay off big this year. Wisconsin will surely test us up front probably better than anyone else will all year. They have the biggest offensive line in the conference and they love to pound the rock. I think we will hold up, but we will have to stay fresh out there because let's face it guys......we have not faced a team in a long time that will line up and pound the rock like Wisconsin does. From everything I've gathered, they have two of the best backs we will see all year too. That is two of the best behind Rex Burkhead.