big ten network

For overlapping BTN games outside of the Big Ten Confeence footprint, many of the cable companies (such as Charter, in my case) are only carrying the main BTN channel, not the spill-over channels. IF (unknown at this time) Charter will offer BTN2Go service (content streaming over the Internet) in our area, we'll be able to watch games via that service. If not, I think they have a for pay service streaming service that runs around 15 bucks that might also be an option. As for ABC/ESPN games, any of the regional games that aren't available on TV in a particular market are still available via ESPN3 or ESPN Game Plan packages.

Of course, ESPN3 and BTN2Go service both require you to have a suitable Internet connection AND your ISP has to offer the service, so it's not an option for everyone.

This isn't correct. The Big Ten TV contract requires that games shown on ABC/ESPN be available nationally, so if you aren't getting a regional game on ABC, then you're gonna get it on the ESPN/ESPN2 mirror. Gameplan is not needed.

yeah thanks i have charter too that was my question before, you answered it. do you think btn2go is going to be offered to us .thanks

I'm hoping so, but I don't know at this time. I called their customer service to ask, but I may as well have asked the rep to explain particle physics to me. She had no clue. I do remember that it took Charter a couple of years to start offering ESPN3 in my area, so hopefully this won't be another situation like that. I saw on the BTN web site that they have a for-pay streaming service that I might check into if BTN2Go isn't an option, but I don't really know much about it yet.

This isn't correct. The Big Ten TV contract requires that games shown on ABC/ESPN be available nationally, so if you aren't getting a regional game on ABC, then you're gonna get it on the ESPN/ESPN2 mirror. Gameplan is not needed.

Ahh, thanks for that info - it's good to know. Obviously I wasn't aware of the Big Ten contractual issues, so I was basing my comment on my experiences last year when I had to watch a couple of on ESPN3 when they weren't carried on any of the normal channels in my area. I have Game Plan, too, but the channels are compressed so much on Charter that I actually get better video quality on the Internet streams, which really irks me at times.

it's going to be the regional games that have me worried. If we are on ABC/ESPN regional, and OU/MU is on at the same time...KC is going to be in the Big12 region, not the B1G.

I've never lived outside of the conference footprint before, how do they handle those games?

I am a b10 fan in a b10 media market. On the flip side it was annoying when there was a good B12 game (Neb-OU, OU-Tx)and ABC would show Iowa vs Illinois. At least now ESPN picks up the other game.

The Washington game. I remember that. We were screwed down here in Florida too.

If your talking about the regular season game, I almost was hosed on that as well. I live here in Lincoln and have dish network. The game was on their program but the pregame that was scheduled before it even advertised was not being aired. So I called the customer service to see what was going on. The lady took my zip code which is within walking distance to Memorial stadium. She told me the game comes on at 3:30 am on ppv. She had me so stunned by that, that the only thing I could say is "Maam I don't live in Australia". The game then came on so I just hung up.

yeah thanks i have charter too that was my question before, you answered it. do you think btn2go is going to be offered to us .thanks

I'm hoping so, but I don't know at this time. I called their customer service to ask, but I may as well have asked the rep to explain particle physics to me. She had no clue. I do remember that it took Charter a couple of years to start offering ESPN3 in my area, so hopefully this won't be another situation like that. I saw on the BTN web site that they have a for-pay streaming service that I might check into if BTN2Go isn't an option, but I don't really know much about it yet.

Ahh, thanks for that info - it's good to know. Obviously I wasn't aware of the Big Ten contractual issues, so I was basing my comment on my experiences last year when I had to watch a couple of on ESPN3 when they weren't carried on any of the normal channels in my area. I have Game Plan, too, but the channels are compressed so much on Charter that I actually get better video quality on the Internet streams, which really irks me at times.

If I were you, I'd cancel my gameplan. I did, and am glad to save the $120. ESPN3 will have every game (and more) and in HD quality. Gameplan is limited to SD.

If I were you, I'd cancel my gameplan. I did, and am glad to save the $120. ESPN3 will have every game (and more) and in HD quality. Gameplan is limited to SD.

Yeah, I actually canceled it last year before football season started, but for some reason all of the channels for GP are still active. I haven't been billed for it, since canceling, so I won't complain hah.

Yeah, I actually canceled it last year before football season started, but for some reason all of the channels for GP are still active. I haven't been billed for it, since canceling, so I won't complain hah.

Most cable companies auto-renew it unless you call them and tell them not to.

Anybody know who carries the BTN here in Pensacola, FL? I ordered Mediacom cable the other day here at the base and they said they had BTN on the package I ordered but turns out it's not in my area. Not too happy and don't know who else might have it around here? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Anybody know who carries the BTN here in Pensacola, FL? I ordered Mediacom cable the other day here at the base and they said they had BTN on the package I ordered but turns out it's not in my area. Not too happy and don't know who else might have it around here? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I don't know about Cable, but I'm sure one of the satalite companies have it on a package you can get.

I don't know about Cable, but I'm sure one of the satalite companies have it on a package you can get.

Problem with that is I'm on a Naval base so I can't get a satellite package.

Is Charter going to have regional games on their main channel (whichever game/games are on BTN that week) and then if you're not in the footprint the rest of the games are going to be on overflow? So if I live in Nebraska, am I at risk at missing any of Nebraska's games because they won't be on TV? Obviously there is the online options, but I'd prefer to watch it on my shiny TV.