Baylor coach

Baylor Head Coach Guy Morriss

On Nebraska's defensive line

"That was the difference in the game. They have a few more horses than we do. That was by far the best defense we've seen all year. We knew they would test us and they got to us."

"We knew defensively they were good, but the last couple of weeks their offense was starting to come alive."

"We were trying to throw from the pocket and we were just getting overpowered."

I didnt get a chance to watch the game, because im stuck in chicago, but i did listen to it, and it sounded like our d line was five yards into the backfield on every play.

We got decent penetration a lot, however in the 2nd quarter it was over for the QB basically when the ball was snapped.

like Dave H, it sounded like we did have some drop off on the D in the second half, gave up some BIG plays which kind of concerns me, but overall the type of D effort we have come to expect. a better game for Grixby, i will have to admitt, but on the D side of the ball he is still suspect defending against the pass....

hunter

I thought Grix actually did better than previous games. It seemed like Bowman was getting beat like a drum at times though IMO. He always seemed to give the receiver a large gap too much to react to the ball in time. Of course, except for the pic at the end. :lol:

Baylor's coach seems to be making a difference in who Baylor is recruiting and the team's overall demeanor.

Well, we are going to give up a few big plays until we have a good secondary with 6'2-6'3 guys. Don't get me wrong, our secondary is playing well. But every once in a while the height difference allows the opponents receivers to go up for the ball and make a big play.

There's always going to be a height difference with good recievers and good corners, but it needs to be minimized. You don't see many, if any 6-5 6-6 corners. Most guys that tall just don't have the hips and can't move like you need to if you are a corner.

There's always going to be a height difference with good recievers and good corners, but it needs to be minimized. You don't see many, if any 6-5 6-6 corners. Most guys that tall just don't have the hips and can't move like you need to if you are a corner.

Sounds like somebody watched the game last night. ;)

That's exactly what the announcers said.

They did mention that fact and I hadn't thought about it in depth until he said that. It makes perfect sense.

I hope Mizzou doesn't study this game tape too hard because I think what Baylor did pretty well was move the quarterback out of the pocket which not only makes it harder for our d-line to get to him, but it wears them out. Brad Smith is more than capable of rolling out, scrambling, etc. I think Baylor did a pretty decent job of this. If their QB's would have stayed in the pocket more we could have had many more sacks.

They did mention that fact and I hadn't thought about it in depth until he said that. It makes perfect sense.

Yes it does make sense, I agree with you. I was just messin' with ya anyways.