MU fan knocked the F out

Did he deserve it?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The kids lucky he only ended up with a busted nose.

These fans are complete aholes, and I cant imagine that one of our players would jeopardize his career and the programs integrity unless he had no option.

Story

If the link is busted, go to kcstar.com, click on sports on the left, then scroll down half way where the headline/link is.

:ph34r:

I saw one video of it... It only showed the hit, you could not see what lead up to that point... First thing is that the fan should NOT have been on the feild... That fan then decided to run just a couple feet away from the Husker... Now maybe he was only running by and did not say a word... but then why get so damn close? For the nebraska player... he should have walked away and by touching that fan he made Nebraska and himslef look bad...

If anyone finds a video shot that shows what happened prior to the kid getting knocked out please post the link so I can see it! Thanks!

-Pile

Guest Frustrated fan

I being a Nebraska fan felt very bad about one foolish player taking his frustrations out on fan... I watched the video and it made me sick... He cold c$%ks him in the head which looked like for no reason... Then MU looked good by Brad Smith checking to see if he was okay... We lost in two respects that day.... in the books and in the minds of the people...

Loyal Red

Just wanted to mention that I have not seen the video, so I cant say for sure.

I do know that this should not have resulted in violence, no matter what the kid said or did. Unless Huston felt the kid was going to attack him - which is unlikely I know, but he possibly just reacted naturally and flippantly.

But if he reached back and dropped a haymaker on him, I agree this was unwarranted. Either way you are right, very bad PR.

Guest Huck the Fuskers

Are you guys really surprised? I'm sure he went back home and did the same to his girlfriend. True, Mizzou fans are dicks, but it doesn't look like this guy deserved that. I just thought I'd put in a post so you guys have something to talk about . . . seems like you can't get enough of the Cat bashing. I think it's pretty funny how much "tradition" comes up in all your posts. NO sh#t K-State doesn't have the tradition you have. Did someone say we did? I know the score of last years game, though. Tradition didn't do sh#t for you last year and this year is far from over. Ask Penn State if tradition helps. It won't make up for your weak offense. Obviously the Cat's defense needs some major help, but we'll be ready when we roll through Lincoln.

Here is a post I found in rivals... This guys said he saw this fan running along and taunting NU players... And its funny that 99% of us have NO idea what really happened but for some reason every opposing team fans are bashing us... But im sure whoever Huck the Fuskers team is is full of angels unlike the big bad mean Huskers... Go get a life and stop bashing us cause your team sucks... Nothing we can do about it...

"I was watching the Missou fan almost the entire way onto the field. My group was right in the southwest corner watching the fans stream onto the field. One guy (the "victim") caught my eye because he was taunting and bumping the Husker athletes as they left the field through the tunnel. At one point the victim even hit the helmet or shoulder pad of the lineman in front of Kellen. It made me really angry, and about that time POP Kellen knocked him down.

Note a few things. This kid could easily have gone off to the right toward the downed goal post on the south side. He could have easily gone to the left of the Huskers down the sideline toward the far goal post. He chose to weave right through the Huskers in order to taunt them.

When I heard the K.C. media was making a stink of it, I emailed AD Pederson Sunday night and told him what I saw. He called me personally on Monday morning and asked a few additional questions about what I saw. He said my story supported what they had already heard from other people. He also said Kellen is a great kid, smart, hard-working, has never been in trouble, and that they believe he was defending himself.

Another person on the scene said the MU student cocked a fist at Kellen. Hardly the innocent bystander singled out by a violent football player. What these videos don't show you is the 10 or 15 seconds before he was hit, when he was making a complete ass of himself by abusing the Husker athletes leaving the field.

Kellen could have reacted in a better way, but I believe he has the right to defend himself from in-your-face taunting, humiliation, physical abuse and attack. It was the MU student, and not Kellen, who caused this incident to happen. It was the MU student, and not Kellen, who needs to take responsibilty for his actions.

I was there. I saw the whole thing. I didn't just see a blurry video edited just right by the tabloid media in Kansas City. I have no agenda. I just wanted to set the record straight." -DumbHick

http://nebraska.rivals.com/forum.asp?fid=181

Very interesting. And exactly as I suspected. Thanks for the post Pile.

Just a couple of anecdotes. I live in KC, and went to the game Saturday.

So unfortunately Ive witnessed multiple acts of dumbassery since the game.

1) The MU fans. I was taunted and screamed at in my face to the point I got spit on. That was what drew the line for me. I had to shove one to get my point across that I wasnt taking his sh#t, and then a group of them proceeded to surround me and starting knocking me around. Had I not been with 2 girls I wouldve started swinging from my heels, but had I not been with 2 girls I also probably wouldve got banged up quite a bit. So I can certainly identify with Kellen’s situation. I wasnt in his shoes, but know he wouldnt have singled a guy out just to get out some anger. If that were the case he wouldve cracked the 1st guy he saw. This jackass followed them to the tunnel and would not leave.

Another point. Take another look at the video clip in the link I posted above. And this time pay attention to the people around this guy after he gets hit . These are most likely some other jackasses that were taunting and threatening the players with him. Check out their reaction. They all just take off, even as this guy is laid out. It’s as if they know THEY were out of line, and they are hoping a cop didnt see them. If these idiots were innocent victims, they wouldve freaked out when this psycho jarhead jacks their buddy for "no reason", not to mention stop to see if he was alright. And no, they werent scared that Kellen was coming after them, it was clear that he was continuing on his way, and was just trying to get the guy out of his face. These idiots were worried about getting in trouble.

2) I also witnessed the baffoonery propagated by the KC media. The ABC affiliate down here ran this promo for their pathetic newscast about 6 times during Mon night fball, and their commentary was "Innocent MU fan is cheap-shotted and knocked out cold allegedly by a Nebraska football player". I dont give a sh#t if they dropped the "allegedly" in there or not. This was irresponsible. They knew damn well that this wasn't a "cheap shot" by watching the video. They werent taking a 3rd person's account of the events, which is what normally predicates the term "allegedly". A cheap shot is taking the initiative and hitting someone when they arent looking, and isnt precipitated. Kellen was "reacting", not acting.

KC in general is very jealous of Nebraska and all of our success. Between KU, Kstate, and MU all within 2 hrs, it is a nexus for husker hating. Being huge sports fans, they envy our athletic dominance especially football, b/c this is definitely football land not basketball, I dont care about KU. And none of their 3 schools have come close to matching us in 1 sport, let alone all around.

All Ive learned is to continue exhibiting the class of champions that we are renowned for, and continue to act like we've been there before. Which none of the classless fans around here can say.

GBR

Blackshirt

Here's a reaction from a KU fan south of the border. I have to admit, KU fans are much more Knowledgeable and respectful overall out of the 3 schools around KC. So they deserve some cred:

KU FAN-

Sounds to me as if the Nebraska dept. condones the actions of their player… Good for them, and I think I might become more of a Husker fan!!! Don't know if it's possible to hate Mizzou any more. This fkr last night in my class, at KU, came in swaggering his MIZZOU sweatshirt, and I wanted to punch his a$$ right in the mouth. I felt disrespected, like Lavar.

"Nebraska athletic director Steve Pederson underlined that players must be responsible for their actions and said that he thought the punishment was appropriate. He continued, however, with a mini-lecture on fan misbehavior in general and the need for control.

"I would never claim that hitting someone is appropriate, but I was not standing in Kellen Huston's shoes on Saturday night," he added. "However, I was at the edge of the field, and I have never personally witnessed such an out-of-control situation. It may be easy to sit in your living room and watch what you think you see on television, but be careful to judge others too quickly." "

, what Kellen did was completly wrong. I don't give a f#*k what that kid was saying. Let him talk all he wants, you don't lay into him and throw a round house right and knock the kid out. Any of you know what that's like. :angry: Because of this incident we have bad publicity like this:

http://www.woai.com/sports/story.aspx?cont...19-F2A51748C412

Some dumb shmuck show broadcast their damn views. This is bad for recruiting something we haven't excelled in lately.

Football players have to realize that they are amazingly stronger than most people in the entire world. This Kellen kid is a walk-on. Probably hasn't lifted quite like this in his entire life. Now he's gettin muscles and getting bigger and wants to show off. Well wrong way bud.

Now if they can show that he was clearly in jeopardy of being jumped or whatever, I don't if that a-hole was shootin his mouth off or not, unless he mad contacy with him you can't knock a kid out. I can't think of much to defend Kellen. I'm sorry :angry:

Go big red

(A frustrated) Eric "the Red"

• 1 year later...