Rooting for Big 10 teams??

Eric the Red

My sentiments exactly.

Prior to last year (when we knew NU was going to the B1G) I usually rooted against the top Big 10 teams.

I've always had a soft spot for the Badgers, Spartans, & Gophers but now find myself pulling hard for ALL B1G teams.

In Big 8 days, I would always be for the other Big 8 teams except Colorado (sorry- I live there and have to put up with their classless bandwagon fans). However, when we brought in the SWC Texas teams that all changed. I will always have a healthy level of respect for Oklahoma.

I think the only thing that would make me happier than NU winning all of their games would be if UT lost all of theirs.

If Colorado and Texas never win another game EVER, it would be ok with me.

Go Huskers! Go B1G!

So i am perplexed this week about the ISU-Iowa game...who the h*ll do i root for?

ISU was a thorn in our side a few times but i never really had anything against them. The Hawks...well, i don't know. Hard for me to root for them against a team from our old conference not from the SWC!

Need some help from the board, i guess. I want to root for our new brothers but this one is causing me problems.

Any advice?

So i am perplexed this week about the ISU-Iowa game...who the h*ll do i root for?

ISU was a thorn in our side a few times but i never really had anything against them. The Hawks...well, i don't know. Hard for me to root for them against a team from our old conference not from the SWC!

Need some help from the board, i guess. I want to root for our new brothers but this one is causing me problems.

Any advice?

Hawkeyes. We all sleep in the same bed now. You don't want someone pissing in your bed. :blink:

Any advice?

Hawkeyes. We all sleep in the same bed now. You don't want someone pissing in your bed. :blink:

Hahaha! Very nice. No bed-wetting!

+1 for go Hawk...cough, cough...eyes!

Any advice?

Hahaha! Very nice. No bed-wetting!

+1 for go Hawk...cough, cough...eyes!

Root for the Hawkeyes to win but also root for the Clowns to knock them on their tail a bit. That way you get to root for both teams. lol

As for me I will be rooting for all BIG teams. Cause if all teams have a good year and we win conference than that makes us look even better much like how the SEC looks to most people.

Any advice?

I had visions of a last ditch 2-point conversion going through my head allowing us to pull out the game like you guys last year. Too bad the Iowa State coach decided that our defense had so many holes that a 10 year old on crutches could have scored and just decided to keep playing until our offense forgot how to convert a 4th and 1 again.

Really bad day for the Big 10 in general. At least many of the teams pulled it out after stinking up the joint early in the game (OSU, Blue, NE). 7-5 is not a good pre-season weekend for the league.

Any advice?

I had visions of a last ditch 2-point conversion going through my head allowing us to pull out the game like you guys last year. Too bad the Iowa State coach decided that our defense had so many holes that a 10 year old on crutches could have scored and just decided to keep playing until our offense forgot how to convert a 4th and 1 again.

Really bad day for the Big 10 in general. At least many of the teams pulled it out after stinking up the joint early in the game (OSU, Blue, NE). 7-5 is not a good pre-season weekend for the league.

Agreed. It was not an overly impressive weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I find myself rooting for the Big 10 team when they are playing. i have always liked most of the teams anyway growing up, but even now when we are in the same conference, as each team is playing their non-conference I am hoping they win. Anyone else feel this way?

Exactly the way I feel (and folks, you have NO idea how much it pains me to say that ETR and I share ANYTHING in common). I want the B1G to do well as a conference. Meaning, of course, do well as a conference that WE win every year.

I'm all for conference unity, but...

Oh stop buddy....you know you love me.

I find myself rooting for the Big 10 team when they are playing. i have always liked most of the teams anyway growing up, but even now when we are in the same conference, as each team is playing their non-conference I am hoping they win. Anyone else feel this way?

Exactly the way I feel (and folks, you have NO idea how much it pains me to say that ETR and I share ANYTHING in common). I want the B1G to do well as a conference. Meaning, of course, do well as a conference that WE win every year.

I'm all for conference unity, but...

Oh stop buddy....you know you love me.

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww...